GT Bob Tech / UVA is up

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Re-watching the first two plays made me throw up.

In his post-game presser PJ said the first play should've been HUGE. If you watch the end-zone cam view (the 2nd replay) EVERYONE is accounted for, and if that pitch had gone to the right guy it would've been a 95-yard TD.

What is really impressive to me is how sharp PJ's brain is and how much he sees everything: that was our first offensive play of the game and I had the luxury of rewinding a few times and going, "Huh ... we had everyone blocked ... he might've gone for a TD." Meanwhile he's watching from the sidelines and has only one view and could tell that it was going all the way. I'm always amazed at how he can recall a ton of minute details about plays, all while calling the offense and doing head coach stuff during a game.

Oh, and GT Bob's the man.

edit: Actually, the 2nd play would've gone for a TD, too. Hope we clean that up before next week!

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
So I was at the game and haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet, but just by watching the first offensive play, I learned Parker Braun plays center. I also found out JJ Green plays B-Back and is a Senior. Who knew?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Re-watching the first two plays made me throw up.

In his post-game presser PJ said the first play should've been HUGE. If you watch the end-zone cam view (the 2nd replay) EVERYONE is accounted for, and if that pitch had gone to the right guy it would've been a 95-yard TD.

What is really impressive to me is how sharp PJ's brain is and how much he sees everything: that was our first offensive play of the game and I had the luxury of rewinding a few times and going, "Huh ... we had everyone blocked ... he might've gone for a TD." Meanwhile he's watching from the sidelines and has only one view and could tell that it was going all the way. I'm always amazed at how he can recall a ton of minute details about plays, all while calling the offense and doing head coach stuff during a game.

Oh, and GT Bob's the man.

edit: Actually, the 2nd play would've gone for a TD, too. Hope we clean that up before next week!

Likewise I am amazed at what he sees and remembers in such detail.

We sit row 6 and from ground level it's a blur.

On the pitch it would have been a big gain if 2 was ready for pitch like we did later on left side.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
So I was at the game and haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet, but just by watching the first offensive play, I learned Parker Braun plays center. I also found out JJ Green plays B-Back and is a Senior. Who knew?
LOL. takeo spikes is one of the worst color men i've ever heard.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
IMG_0116.GIF
LOL. takeo spikes is one of the worst color men i've ever heard.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On the first play, 3 was delayed by the motion of 1 (most likely due to a missed timed snap) and never got to the right relationship. JT pitched into and hit the back of 1 thinking he was his pitch man. The problem is he was a blocker and was not looking for the ball.

I have this in my slow motion video...

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder how many of people can handle live TV or public speaking? Maybe he was not great, but he has balls. One of the hardest things to do is be in front of a group of people or a camera and talk.
I agree... He was awful, but it would have been worse if he knew it...

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder how many of people can handle live TV or public speaking? Maybe he was not great, but he has balls. One of the hardest things to do is be in front of a group of people or a camera and talk.

I think you could take your average Joe with semi decent football knowledge, his best friend he always watches games with, mic them, bleep out the profanity, and it would still be better than 2/3 of the announcers that ESPN pays to call football games.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The problem with Takeo's color commentary to me was his lack of knowledge of what we do or what we're trying to do. It seemed like he did very little homework preparing for that game. He didn't even have the standard "3-O lines."

What I did like was his general knowledge of what the LB's were doing.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Im not saying I could do it. Im just saying that neither could he.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have it slow motioned in my slow motion replay... 1:24:41 is the best look at what happens... of course you don't have the ability to scroll through frames unless you down load the video.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Poor Brad Stewart.

Even if he goes on to a brilliant All Conference career and gets selected in the NFL draft, he will go on in infamy for: 1. Having one of the most contentious message board "presence" in GT message board history. 2. Having his career Zapruder'ed over the location of the sun on 11/19/2016.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't think it will affect him too much. He made a tough over the shoulder catch on a punt just a few minutes later in the game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think this is so unlike Brad that the drop draws attention.
I just rewatched it several times in slow motion and his hands were not positioned in line with the flight of the ball. It's not like a normal drop where a guy has the ball hit his hands and doesn't complete the catch because he took his eye off it at the last second. Either the wind pushed it at the last second or the sun messed him up some how. It's weird. He kept his head on it the whole time, fwiw.