GT and 680 the fan deal

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Pro Tech guys:
Hubbard (graduate)
Bock son went to GT (He hates CPJ tho)
Ryan Stewart (ex football player & graduate)
and there is a guy who is an ESPN announcer now who name escapes me.

I concur I can't stand 680.

But the Stews, for better or worse, have been off the air for quite a while, no? I didn't mind them. Don't know that I could listen for more than an hour at a stretch, but at least they were honest about themselves and to themselves. Can't say that for a lot of folks in their business.

Screw Beau Bock. I couldn't wait for 1 p.m. on Sunday mornings driving home from Tech games to find an NFL game to listen to. Bock was/is insufferable.

I remember when Belue was a bad TV sportscaster in Savannah. Maybe somebody should call in one day and ask if he's ever been asked to leave the press box during the Florida-Georgia game (hint: he has).

PJ's relationship with the media is better than you think. Most of the friction is with in the sports talk radio guys. I think Schultz and Bradley like him - I know for a fact one of them does - and most print guys love sitting down with PJ. His exchange with Turnoff and the badgering he took from Mayhem in the AM losers sullied the perception. But historically, PJ's had a good rapport with the media and aside from sports talk guys, I think it's pretty good with the Atlanta press corps.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
But the Stews, for better or worse, have been off the air for quite a while, no? I didn't mind them. Don't know that I could listen for more than an hour at a stretch, but at least they were honest about themselves and to themselves. Can't say that for a lot of folks in their business.

Screw Beau Bock. I couldn't wait for 1 p.m. on Sunday mornings driving home from Tech games to find an NFL game to listen to. Bock was/is insufferable.

I remember when Belue was a bad TV sportscaster in Savannah. Maybe somebody should call in one day and ask if he's ever been asked to leave the press box during the Florida-Georgia game (hint: he has).

PJ's relationship with the media is better than you think. Most of the friction is with in the sports talk radio guys. I think Schultz and Bradley like him - I know for a fact one of them does - and most print guys love sitting down with PJ. His exchange with Turnoff and the badgering he took from Mayhem in the AM losers sullied the perception. But historically, PJ's had a good rapport with the media and aside from sports talk guys, I think it's pretty good with the Atlanta press corps.

Chris Cotter was the other Tech guy. (He went to UGA too)
http://espnmediazone.com/us/bios/christopher-chris-h-cotter/