GT adds a walk-on QB

Animal02

Banned
I have watched both the 2012 and 2013 highlight tapes and will offer this: He will be the least athletic kid we have on the depth chart at QB. I have doubts about his arm strength, although I like how catchable and careful his throws are. With that said, this kid really really knows how to run this offense. He is already better in that department than anybody we have put on the field in the CPJ era. His eyes are always in the right place and he has a great feel for the MESH. Most of his highlights were keeps after the first read. I would like to have seen more pitch reads. For those who couldn't stand Tevin, I'm not sure how much you will like this kid. He might even be slower than TW, in fact, I think he may actually be, but he has good vision, makes great reads, sells his fakes really well, and can make some people miss. Obviously his instincts and sense of anticipation, running our O, are very good. If nothing else, I think he will help some of the other guys get better.

Doesn't matter how athletic he is if the kid can run the offense and get 4 yards a play. I have no problem with the death marches. :)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't matter how athletic he is if the kid can run the offense and get 4 yards a play. I have no problem with the death marches. :)
We run a 'pick your poison' offense. The D will force the weak link to beat them. A slower, weaker-armed Tevin doesn't sound like the answer to our prayers. That said, there's no harm in seeing what the kid can do on his own dime.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
- couple weeks before signing day
- why talking about anyone besides walk on QB?
- assume we want to get best players possible on team
- missed reading your rule regarding the issue

No offense, but what the heck are you talking about? We have a player on the team named Summers, he's not the topic of this thread, and currently no recruiting prospects that I know of named Summers... Am I missing something?

Animal02

Banned
We run a 'pick your poison' offense. The D will force the weak link to beat them. A slower, weaker-armed Tevin doesn't sound like the answer to our prayers. That said, there's no harm in seeing what the kid can do on his own dime.

I would take a "weak armed Tevin" with an improved defense over what we saw on the field last year......but I agree with your basic point.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Congratulations to the young man. I really see Justin Thomas and this offense taking "two steps" forward this season. Especially with his speed and he's a "true" option QB. We haven't had that since Nesbitt. Grant Nesbitt was bigger and more powerful, but JT is a game breaker every time he touches the ball. Also add Laskey ( who I think has consistently ran the ball better then David Simms did), and you add Travis Custis. Custis was the best RB in Georgia when he was a senior at Lovejoy=back to explosive offensive plays.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched the film too. Looks like my friend who's seen him play is right. If nothing else, at least he knows how to run the midline. I missed that sooooooo much last year.

But, yes, he ain't no speed demon.