GT adds a second walk on today

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

2. GTJacket

GTJacket Jolly Good Fellow

Calls GT his "childhood dream school" on Twitter. Love getting kids who grew up Tech fans.

poodleface and Buzzmaster like this.
  3. GT_B

GT_B Ramblin' Wreck

This guy is a sure tackler if anything. He might not have blazing speed but the guy gets to the point of attack and the play ends there. I like seeing safeties who are great in run support.

Buzzmaster likes this.
  4. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

5. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

He does get to the point of attack in a hurry. The only thing I saw was that he might need to get more physical. That can be easily accomplished with weight training and good defensive coaching. He appears to have a tendency to tackle at the ankles each time, which is a sure tackle to tie his legs together, but some of the muscular and high stepping running backs will probably break some of those tackles. His deficiency in that area could easily be overcome.

6. gtdrew

gtdrew Banned

These two PWO's are guys who might have gotten the last couple schollys in past years. It's a good sign for overall program depth...

7. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

PWO's get some benefits not afforded to other walk ons. Free meals, early registration, tutoring, what else....?

8. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

We have to like walk ons .... Godhigh, Smelter ...... our best uninjured offensive play makers last year. {OK, I stretched a bit with Smelter but he didn't commit or transfer. He was a real PWO!}

With a walk on you know that playing at GT is where they want to be. Glad to have these two!

9. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

Smelter was on a BB scholly and highly sought after recruit in HS. I doubt you would call him a walk on.

10. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Well, we should probably give him a pass.

11. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Did I say I like big DB's ..
    Yeah I like his film better than some of these ranked kids. Good luck to the young man.

12. swampsting

swampsting Helluva Engineer

Doesn't his scholarship go on the tab of the sport that plays first in the academic school year?

13. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

If you're on an athletic scholarship and you play FB, it has to be one of the 85. Bear Bryant used to put kids on baseball scholarships to get more football players, so they changed the rules.

What I remember is CPJ gave Smelter a 1 yr. FB scholarship "to see if it worked out." Pretty sure he earned the 2nd year of the FB scholarship. He was never a walk-on, always on a scholarship.

14. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

good one ... :)

15. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Dead on forensicbuzz. Freed up a Baseball scholly (or partial) when he was given the football scholarship.