GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thanks for this post. I bet Nell & staff were focusing on rising seniors this weekend at the Spring Showdown in Atlanta. Lots of D1 talent there, including Melious.

For next year, in addition to Hermosa and Love, the starting five needs two players from the portal - a combo guard and a point guard. We also need another big to share minutes with Hermosa. All of these women need to be ready to play upon arrival. Barker from uga would be on my speed dial.

Which site is the "other site" to which you referred. I would like to follow your posts.
Well, Barker committed to Alabama today. Not surprised since she's from Birmingham.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
She entered the portal Saturday and G.T. is recruiting her today….

Curriosity question: I have not followed SEC basketball (men or women) closely enough to know why she has seen the court so few times and for so few minutes. After averaging 35ppg in high school, being a 5* recruit and Mississippi player of the year, she hardly played (6.5 mpg last year). Was she overhyped or under used? Or, was Ole Miss that deep with good players?

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
Get out to watch and cheer for Nicole Melious this weekend.

I got to see her with a few students on Sunday. Nicole melious is an exoskeleton of the hype living up to reality. She is better now then bates prob more skilled then most guards we have including Lotijmon

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Can she enroll this fall a year early?
We wish. I know you might be TIC with us. In case you might be wondering if she can graduate early, I believe not. Her goal is to break the all-time NYC scoring record and keep on with advanced placement classes. Hopefully, her mom recovers fully, before Nicole goes out of state.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Curriosity question: I have not followed SEC basketball (men or women) closely enough to know why she has seen the court so few times and for so few minutes. After averaging 35ppg in high school, being a 5* recruit and Mississippi player of the year, she hardly played (6.5 mpg last year). Was she overhyped or under used? Or, was Ole Miss that deep with good players?
I have no idea. Watched a few South Carolina and Tennessee games, maybe a Kentucky and Florida game. I’ll be watching more $EC now that my good buddy is the head ball coach at Missy St. Sam is still honoring his Louisville responsibilities while mom and the girls are making the transition to Starkville.

If she enrolls here, maybe the change of scenery will bring back the spark?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watching the games last night was not a rewarding experience for me. The UL-USC game was sloppy and poorly officiated. The UConn-Stanford game had worse officiating (if that is possible) and I was pulling for Stanford.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I believe “Dawn“ stays with the “Roosters,” as they are early risers….
Looks like Janiah Barker is going to sign next Wednesday with South Carolina.

Essence Cody, 2023, commits to ‘Bama.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jillian Hollingshead (6-5 FR forward, Powder Springs, GA) has entered her name into the portal, out of Georgia WBB; She averaged 5.1 PPG and 2.5 RPG in 2021-22 off of the bench; 2021 McDonald's All American. GT recruit previously.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe “Dawn“ stays with the “Roosters,” as they are early risers….
Looks like Janiah Barker is going to sign next Wednesday with South Carolina.

Essence Cody, 2023, commits to ‘Bama.
Jillian Hollingshead (6-5 FR forward, Powder Springs, GA) has entered her name into the portal, out of Georgia WBB; She averaged 5.1 PPG and 2.5 RPG in 2021-22 off of the bench; 2021 McDonald's All American. GT recruit previously.
Thank you Buzz Bomb for gathering this information!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not sure if this is future Tech news for the players going in the portal, although….
Coach Brenda Frese at Maryland has had 7 top 50 players leave since 2017. Two in the same day yesterday, seems odd. I don’t believe they have a preordained home or will stay together. Those were the questions I asked.