GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT Currently projected to be a 5 seed:

Cubaj ranked #18 best player in WCBB according to ESPN:

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
For those that are knowledgeable about McCamish, and the best seats to see the Women play basketball:

I had planned to be in town for Tech Baseball's opening weekend. I have since observed that Tech's Women will be playing Notre Dame the Thursday before that series, so have amended my stay to begin Thursday night.

A subsequent search for tickets has indicated that seats in the 100-102 and 108-111 sections are unavailable. All other sections seem to be high availability. Any recommendations for where I should buy tickets in other sections to watch this game would be much appreciated.

Sadly, I have not seen a game in McCamish before. Left Tech before the renovations, and come down primarily for baseball. Last saw a Men's basketball game at the AMC.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
For those that are knowledgeable about McCamish, and the best seats to see the Women play basketball:

I had planned to be in town for Tech Baseball's opening weekend. I have since observed that Tech's Women will be playing Notre Dame the Thursday before that series, so have amended my stay to begin Thursday night.

A subsequent search for tickets has indicated that seats in the 100-102 and 108-111 sections are unavailable. All other sections seem to be high availability. Any recommendations for where I should buy tickets in other sections to watch this game would be much appreciated.

Sadly, I have not seen a game in McCamish before. Left Tech before the renovations, and come down primarily for baseball. Last saw a Men's basketball game at the AMC.
It doesn't matter where you seat is. You can just move to a better seat.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Section 104, as close to the court as possible. You’ll be in the corner with an excellent view down the court, right near our home basket—and you’ll also have a great view down the sideline, right along our bench. That’s where I sit for men’s games. I have “better” seats in 102 for women’s games, but I’d really rather be in 104.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia Tech lost to Virginia Tech last night 73 - 63. Digna Strautmane did not play. We had four players in double figures. Normally that would be enough to win, but VT shot 60% from 3, and 52% overall. Plus VT shot 14 FTs to our 2. It seems that we played well, but VT was just on fire. Hope Digna is not injured; she is a big part of our team.

SimpleGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech lost to Virginia Tech last night 73 - 63. Digna Strautmane did not play. We had four players in double figures. Normally that would be enough to win, but VT shot 60% from 3, and 52% overall. Plus VT shot 14 FTs to our 2. It seems that we played well, but VT was just on fire. Hope Digna is not injured; she is a big part of our team.
I thought the officiating was VERY home cooking, and play was physical.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
The play was very physical, our girls looks to be a bit slower on ball rotation but I had this game circled, as a trap game. The emotions were high for NC State, and only a couple of days later we had to travel to a tough VT team. I think if/when we play them again maybe in the ACC tourney, we beat them by 15 plus.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sarah Bates has been surprising with her 3pt shooting. When she gets hot she can light it up. She has been a nice addition to the team.
Do we expect Fletcher to rejoin the team next year? I expect a fall off next year but still competitive.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Is nobody paying attention to the women's team any more? Seems to me that talking about them would be more positive and productive that arguing about another loss on the men's side.

I am embarrassed to admit that I missed the game against Notre Dame last night. Apparently a really good game that went to overtime. Unfortunately, ND for the win.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They dug themselves a hole early in the first half and then fought back to tie. Had a costly turnover without getting a shot at the end of regulation. ND was playing pretty good D and was forcing outside shots which we weren't making until later in the second half.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
My first time at McCamish. Ended up being a good game, but Tech didn't play well early. The biggest difference I noted between the teams was that ND seemed to get a lot of easy layups inside, most of which they made. We struggled to get it inside, and when we did we often missed the shots.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It was a fun game, good crowd. Agree that they got far too many points in transition. Felt like #0 really owned Hermosa in the post all first half too, really put us in a hole. Sarah Bates has really been coming alive lately, she’s got the hot hand for sure. Still feel like we are missing a slasher guard though which is probably what will prevent us from an ACC title or deep run in the NCAA Tournament. Eylia Love can be that player at times.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Coach Nell is the best coach GT has currently, and could be one of the best ever. There I said it. I am continually impressed with how she manages a game and a Roster that is lacking a true PG.

I think if Loyal, had been Loyal, this team would be looking at an elite 8 type of year. I am very excited about the future of GT WBB. We should be proud they represent us, and for us older men, we should open up our check books to the program.

GT has a gem, we need to keep her and build a legacy.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Ughh! Tough game against Miami so far. At least in the second half, we’ll be shooting into the basket that does NOT have a plexiglass cover on it.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, it was a nice ride while it lasted. Looks like they fell back to earth. The next two games are winnable.