GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I agree, I haven't seen many women who have that degree of muscle memory to shoot from the 3 point line. I look forward to her playing for GT. I think she will be a great weapon for us and if I was a Big, I would want to come to GT, because she is going to open things up!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Very quick release, looks to get her spots, and is a very good shooter. You can tell she has taken 10,000 of those types of shots in practice. She will be a very high PPG scorer at the college level.
In her most recent game she scored 34 points and played only two quarters. 34 points in 12 minutes! Susan Wagner was up 55-8 at the half.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Cam Swartz had 37 with a minute and a half left in the BC lead over the Tigers w/ a lake, 81-73. She recruited GT from her Soph. year in HS. Her dad is super active in her play. She torches us, and gets super fired up to compete. This current staff had nothing to do with the snub. Some times you gamble on others.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If we only have 7, those are the ones! She tried to rotate them all during the final quarter and a half. United Nations Jackets w/ 7 players again(thank you coronageddon), win 67-31. We have the Nations #1 rebounder in Cubaj and #1 Defense in ppg avg.

I’m not feeling good about Bulane taking enough minutes to move Lahtinen to the 2G.

Nell Yeah!

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If we only have 7, those are the ones! She tried to rotate them all during the final quarter and a half. United Nations Jackets w/ 7 players again(thank you coronageddon), win 67-31. We have the Nations #1 rebounder in Cubaj and #1 Defense in ppg avg.

I’m not feeling good about Bulane taking enough minutes to move Lahtinen to the 2G.

Nell Yeah!
Bulane needs to get minutes....she will most likely be running the point next year.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We have 4 guards coming in, who can all bomb the 3’s. Coach Nell really wants to run in transition and hit that extra point shot, in the scheme of the horns offense. Tonie Morgan is a HS AA at the point, as she does it all. Handle, drive, pass, shoot, hit w/ distance. Bulane might become a serviceable point guard. She still has 3 more years to prove me wrong. So far, this has become a lost year. Every opportunity in practice, to move Lotta back over to the 2G.

Dunn can do so many things for us too. I don’t want to leave the other two recruits out. They can handle the ball too.

Looking for a 5/Post. So is everyone else!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Understood, when you only have 7 available, you play who you have. Just saying that when she is available, she needs minutes. Not suggesting she should play 20 or more; I think 8 - 10 would be about right.
In Nell's postgame comments she said she was hopeful to get one or two players back for tomorrow's game. Hopefully one of them is Bulane. I agree that she needs to get some minutes and the 8-10 number seems about right especially given the fact we have a couple more games in the next several days in addition to tomorrow. Regarding the future, given the talent of next years class combined with the addition of Blackshear I can see us going up tempo and playing with 3 and 4 guard lineups at times. Obviously we still have Nerea in the middle and if Love continues to develop at her current pace we should have a deep lineup with lots of scoring options. And there is still the possibility of Lahtinen coming back for a super senior year without having to worry about the responsibility of playing point guard. And oh yeah, Fletcher will likely be back too! Dang the future looks bright (wish we could clone Cubaj though).

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
She is not blazing fast and this is a part of her that will greatly improve when she gets to GT. Clearly though, her court awareness and quickness make up for her lack of speed. And, I stated above, she is death as a shooter. If she stays injury free I can see her averaging 20 ppg as a freshman. There just are not many players who can shoot from outside like she does.
She has downhill speed, could be our version of davidsons Steph curry . She had another 45 last nite . Averaging close to 41ppg .can’t wait for her to get to the flats