GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Top-15 ranked Ashlyn Watkins, 6-3 C, Cardinal Newman School (Columbia, SC), has announced her commitment to/signing with Dawn Staley & South Carolina WBB; her other finalist was North Carolina. She joins Talaysia Cooper in the Gamecocks' 2022 class. GT was an early player, who faded.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT winning in the 3Q with their height, 45-28.

Yes, a George Fox U. exists. Playing crosstown favorite, Portland St. in MBB. They have a football team, too.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hmmm...

That's interesting in a possibly bad way.
That’s what I was thinking, especially when the friend who goes to all the games tells me she hasn’t been on the bench since the opener.

McQueen had her picture taken down on the website.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That’s what I was thinking, especially when the friend who goes to all the games tells me she hasn’t been on the bench since the opener.

McQueen had her picture taken down on the website.
The timing of McQueen entering the portal and Butts not being on the bench doesn't necessarily justify my gut reaction. But McQueen has been starting and getting lots of minutes. I can understand players not fitting in or wanting more minutes, but that seems unlikely with her. It could be academics or personal issues away from school, but I worry there is something more nefarious going on behind the curtain.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Tigers without a lake, come into the Big Tit tomorrow at 4 p.m.(ACC Network, WREK 91.1 FM @3:45 p.m.).

Tigers are 1-2. Lost to Ga. Southern by a basket and lost to Old Dominion. Defeated Ala. St. at home.

They are lead by Honesty Scott-Grayson, who scored a career-high 30 points in Auburn's game against Missouri on Feb. 7, 2021. A McDonald's All-American in 2018, she signed with Baylor as the nation's No. 5 overall recruit according to Prospects Nation, No. 18 by ESPN. Played one year for the Bears. Yes, she was a GT recruit and offer.

Alex Stewart who graduated & played at Tech from 1999-2004, is now their Director of Ops. after a coaching stint at Colgate. She was a third team All-ACC selection during her playing days at PG.

Let‘s Go Jackets, Finish Out a Super Hoop Weekend For The White & Gold!!

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Early look at a potential bracket where G.T. would be a #6 seed playing Ivy Leaguer, Princeton a #11(the Tigers who normally hide out close to the Jersey Shore)in College Station, Texas. Which would be considered the Wichita Regional. Again, way too soon and just for kicks:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That is a four game winning streak going back to 2013-14 for the ‘Pack. NC St. defeated the Terps in the 2018 NCAA Tournament.

Mary-land played with only 7. Missing key players: Diamond Miller, Katie Benzan and Faith Masonius.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
UConn WBB transfer Saylor Poffenbarger (6-1 SO wing, Middletown, MD) has announced her commitment to Arkansas. GT did not get a visit. She fell for the Razorbacks on her visit with them.