GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Regarding the 2022 early roster profile-
10 players could come back, although four of those either have undergraduate degrees currently or will after the 21-22 season comes to an end. Tech w/ 3 signees and 2 commitments pending signatures. Needs are a big. Limit is 15. Typically, 1 - 2 lost to the portal.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bulane twisted her ankle. Hopefully, she plays on Sunday?
Belmont defeated Ole Mis. by a dozen on the road. Perennially, a good team.

slugboy

Staff member
I know trainers and doctors are a lot better at sports injuries than they used to be. My experience with sprained ankles is “let them heal”. You don’t want that to get worse.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When I saw that play I thought she landed on her knee. When the trainer approached her she indicated it was her left knee, right on the kneecap. I think she has a deep bruise.

pittkesh99

Georgia Tech Fan
Practice Players?….

This was a “signing” for the new basketball student section. There’s one specific for men’s and women’s, where the people joining commit to show up to most of the games. The people who signed up for the women’s one had a little “signing day” to commit to the program…If you see people in that long sleeve T at the games, that’s because they’re in that student section.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
27 point win, 72-45.
Tech, 7-26 from three land. Plus side, Bulane 2-2 & McQueen 2-5. Bates will hit, she doesn’t have a confidence problem w/ the long ball.

Dudes love the long ball in hoops, and dunking. Chicks love the long ball in small ball w/ the bases. Lol.
I cracked up when, after Bates drove to the basket for a layup, the announcer said something like, look she does something other than shoot threes!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
When I saw that play I thought she landed on her knee. When the trainer approached her she indicated it was her left knee, right on the kneecap. I think she has a deep bruise.
I didn’t see the game. A friend thought it was her ankle. Thanks for setting us straight. You are on “the ball” as usual. Jack Hurst who did the Falcons games, would say “keep your eye on the ball.”

The first two Atlanta Braves radio announcers?
Big Al Ciraldo and Jack Hurst.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I didn’t see the game. A friend thought it was her ankle. Thanks for setting us straight. You are on “the ball” as usual. Jack Hurst who did the Falcons games, would say “keep your eye on the ball.”
I watched that play again just now. It was her right knee that was being looked at on the bench. She was clearly in pain, but walked off the court pretty much on her own.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
“Everyone is going to enjoy watching Raeven Boswell play,” noted Fortner. “She is a phenomenal athlete with a strong skill set with her speed, quickness and ability to jump. But she also has versatility in her game and, with our style of play, will be a great defender and a fast transition offensive player on this team. We’re excited to gain her athleticism and skills in our program.”

“Kara Dunn was a player that we identified immediately when we got the job at Georgia Tech in 2019 and we are extremely excited to see her signing come to fruition,” Fortner said. “Kara joins a signing class that is full of versatility, whether it is the ability to bring the ball up the floor, post up somebody or shoot the three. Kara embodies that versatility with her size and skill set.”

“Tonie is an extremely talented point guard that garners respect from teams at every level with her range of skills on the floor including her three-point shooting range, her ability to drive and get to the basket, and her decision making,” commented Fortner. “Her basketball IQ at the point guard position will help elevate every teammate around her. We’ve very excited to have her join our team as we continue to build this program into a national contender.”

“Inés fits exactly into what we were going after in this singing class, and that is athleticism, size and versatility,” Fortner said. “Before even arriving at Georgia Tech, she has already played at a high level bringing with her Spanish National Team playing experience. We are also excited to continue that Spanish pipeline at Georgia Tech with her joining Nerea Hermosa and Aixa Wone Aranaz. To gain Inés’ skills and versatility, again, makes this an outstanding women’s basketball signing class for Georgia Tech.”

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Paris Miller?
She might sign in the Spring Period? Work to do?

We did need to sign these guards. Boyd was a 2/3 type; Bates‘ eligibility is up, Fletcher(one year of eligibility after NCAA grants the medical), Lahtinen [next year is it, if she wants the Coronageddon year], are all upperclassmen.

Kara Dunn is a highly-touted prospect being ranked the No. 1 SMALL FORWARD in Georgia by Sandy Spiel.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Scrappy Belmont team, as the score was much closer than the 58-45 GT win. Nell called a TO with 5:09 to play in the fourth quarter, just before the media timeout. Whatever she said, worked. Tech went from a 2 point lead to a final run of 13-2. Bulane(Bew-lan-ee)was a key contributor off the bench. Cubaj with a double-double. Lahtinen in double scoring figures. Strautmane(Strawt-mon-ee)with a key three. Destiny Wells w/ 18 for the Bruins. They are going to win some games and probably go back to the Big Dance, again.

Wednesday, East Tenn. St.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This was a defensive gem. Tech held Belmont to 17 points below their total at Ole Miss. Cubai and Hermosa owned the inside and our guards made every move outside a challenge.

Bulane is a future star.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
To amplify my previous post, GT did not play a great game. Hermosa and Cubaj and Lahtinen all missed multiple inside shots that should/could have been made. McQueen and Bates are good shooters who had off nights. Yet, the GT offense was good enough given the lock down defense they played.