GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I thought "I have ESPN and the ACC Network and even Ballys--I'm covered". For ACCNX, my TV provider says "call ESPN". If you don't have ESPN+, how do you call ESPN?

Going in person might be one of the easiest ways to see games. It's like you need a secret code to find anything.
I live in Ohio, so I don't even bother trying to watch. Just listen to Richard Musterer and Courtnee Walton on WREK online. Can't imagine better announcers than them on any internet or televised broadcast anyway.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia Tech WBB transfer Ronni Nwora (6-2 RS SO forward/center, Buffalo, NY) has announced her commitment to Saint Louis (A-10).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From Nov. 10, details other than tweets on signees(page 2 of this thread, has a little bit more detail listed w/ stars also provided by @orientalnc):
Raeven BoswellG5-11Austin, TexasLake Travis
Tonie MorganG5-9Tallahassee, Fla.Florida State University Schools

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kara signed between 9:56 facsimile & 10:55 am ceremonially, in the gym w/ another hoops teammate(Dunning, w/ W. Ga., she did not sign or get an offer w/ us)…

…not that it’s a big deal when(it could have been yesterday), but she was committed to the Mt. Paran ceremony since mom is the coach. You are spot on with the Volleybees, in the 2 for 1 world. Her schollie actually counts against basketball and Nell’s program. I believe it was Richard who said CNF likes to keep one of the 15 scholarships open? Forgive my memory, if it wasn’t you, Sir Musterer?

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Paris Miller has dropped out of the ESPN Hoop Gurlz 100(now a 3 star). I believe she just recently left John’s Creek for Luella HS in Hampton, Ga. Yes, all the way on the other side of Metro Atlanta going North to South. Family may have moved? Luella is supposed to have a good team this season with top 3 returnees. Janie Mitchell is close to that program(trying to reach out to her).

Not to be alarmed because Inés Noguero Outeiral is in Spain, although the L.O.I. might have been mailed? Otherwise, it doesn’t look too complicated(https://www.howtofaxto.com/the-us-from-spain.html). Possibly she’s waiting until a ceremony, to send the letter off?

Both Twitter accounts, and their school/program/team social media accounts do not have any signing info. on these ladies.

I will let you know when they sign or I hear any news.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Watching GT vs KSU. Stands are basically empty for our #17 ranked women's ball team.
Octavia Blue was an A.C. under CMJ. Probably a friends and family match. Lol.
Don‘t you find that we have better attendance on Sunday’s? Not to make excuses though, because you are 100% right in what you are thinking.

I won’t bore you with my long, lengthy story again with the last two Assistant A.D’s. It is their charge, not the Coach, Director of Ops, etc. TStan delegates tails in the seats to her. I spent hours calling all the retirement homes and schools and churches. You wouldn’t believe how many were ripe for the field trips, and most all had their own transportation. Several called me back, asking why they haven’t been called or coordinated with. People need a marketing rep. before bringing 50-100 or more, twice a week. What a beautiful building to not look like a crowd comes out, but for UConn or Tenn. I’ve been at games vs. Mutts & FSU, where they had louder fans than us(home team), present. No, I don’t expect schools to come out on the weekdays, except for the holiday season where the students come on their own. Once you build habits, folks will come back. I call it repeat business. The prices are not at issue.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Coach wasn’t kidding around when she said we would see a lot more three attempts and by several different players.

Tech was 2-14 vs. CMU, and 2-14 in the first half vs. KSU. Better now, rather than in a few weeks to game practice them.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
27 point win, 72-45.
Tech, 7-26 from three land. Plus side, Bulane 2-2 & McQueen 2-5. Bates will hit, she doesn’t have a confidence problem w/ the long ball.

Dudes love the long ball in hoops, and dunking. Chicks love the long ball in small ball w/ the bases. Lol.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Top-50 consensus ranked 2022 WBB prospect: Tabitha Amanze, 6-4 F, Blair Academy (Blairstown, NJ), has announced her commitment to Princeton (Ivy).
6’4” in height w/ a 7’ wing span per a Tennessee Coach. Blair Academy didn’t play this past season, but ASGR still has her at #27 in the country.

This 2021 write up listed below from ESPN W is from April(CBA for Ga. Tech started recruiting Amanze in 2021, July):

F Tabitha Amanze(2022 recruit)
Blair Academy (New Jersey)
espnW rating: Four+ stars

Amanze has steadily improved her game since her freshman year, when she at times looked like a fish out of water. But she kept playing hard and worked on her strengths: defense, rebounding and running the floor.

Her development has continued: She is better in the pick-and-roll game, in the mid- and low-post positions and in more technical parts of defensive schemes. She is a more efficient free throw shooter and has more touch around the basket. Her length, jumping ability and motor allow her to keep getting improving.

Some of the schools recruiting her include Notre Dame, North Carolina, Duke, Princeton, Harvard, Northwestern and Wake Forest, among others.
———————————————————————————————————
Not sure if GT would have any interest in either one of these two:
The original 2021-22 roster for TCU WBB (see https://s3.amazonaws.com/gofrogs.com/documents/2021/10/13/TCU_WBB_Fact_Book_2021_22_Final.pdf…) had 17 players listed; two no longer appear on their online roster (https://gofrogs.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster…): —Aaliyah Morgan (6-1 SO center, Tyler, TX) —Maddi Puli (6-2 RS SO wing, Werribee, Australia)
———————————————————————————————————
I still think we take a post player transfer or Spring signee with schollie #14?

Last edited: