GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Top-60 ranked Gia Cooke, 5-8 CG, Bishop McNamara HS (Forestville, MD), who GT offered before they filled up at Guard, has announced her commitment to a retiring Gary Blair & Texas A&M WBB, becomes their third 2022 commit, joining Brianna McDaniel and Mya Petticord.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT @ Central Michigan
Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021
Regular Season opener for both teams.

TV: ESPN+ | Watch Online

Radio: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets App
Play-by-Play: Richard Musterer
Analyst: Cortnee Walton

Live Stats: Click Here

Information: Media Central | 2022 GT WBB Media Guide

Preview of opposition from ramblinwreck.com:

Central Michigan held its final preseason tune-up last week, hanging on for a 69-67 exhibition win over Saginaw Valley State. The Chippewas held a manageable lead after three quarters, but the Cardinals outscored CMU in the fourth frame, 17-8, to force pressure on the home squad.

This season, Central Michigan will be led by veteran upperclassmen Kalle Martinez, Anika Weekes, Molly Davis and Jahari Smith. The Chippewas lost their leading scorer last season in Micaela Kelly to graduation, but return their second leading scorer in Davis – who averaged 20.8 points per game. Central Michigan went 18-9 overall last season, 13-6 in the MAC, captured the MAC Tournament title and earned its third-consecutive NCAA Tournament bid.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per Mr. Musterer:
Updating tonight's audio coverage: We will be on WREK (91.1 FM) with additional streaming links at WREK.org, the TuneIn app, and the GT Athletics app. Or ask your smart speaker to play WREK on TuneIn. Coverage starts at 5:45 p.m.

Last edited:

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
She has more coaches than the Yankees have at the MLB level. The conditioning Coach is another key one for a teenager.

Boswell is my sleeper for 2022, although Dunn is a can’t miss. No jinx intended.
Many bigs in the next two classes, but for 2023 it’s hard to imagine another Melious exists? If you were to start a program or a recruiting class not based on need, she’s the first one taken.

Edited-Forgot to mention, a contact at Mt. Paran School tells me that Dunn wants to bee a Volley-bee too.
Saw her twitter , training against 2 hs boys. The conditioning coach looks legit. Her ability to get to basket is legit . Def shoots it from the parking lot . Many comparison to mabrey. Heard shes a mabrey cousin.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Lots to look forward to in basketball this year. I’ll likely attend more women’s games than men’s.

slugboy

Staff member
The women were on ESPN+ and I could not see them.
I thought "I have ESPN and the ACC Network and even Ballys--I'm covered". For ACCNX, my TV provider says "call ESPN". If you don't have ESPN+, how do you call ESPN?

Going in person might be one of the easiest ways to see games. It's like you need a secret code to find anything.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought "I have ESPN and the ACC Network and even Ballys--I'm covered". For ACCNX, my TV provider says "call ESPN". If you don't have ESPN+, how do you call ESPN?

Going in person might be one of the easiest ways to see games. It's like you need a secret code to find anything.
I have been watching them on the ESPN app for the past year or so. All of a sudden I try to tune in to the app and I get an error message that says "User not Authenticated". I have the ACCN on YouTubeTV so the TV provider is not the issue. I realize last night was an ESPN+ broadcast but this has been happening for the past week now on any game I try to watch. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and still get the same error message. Anyone know how to correct this?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
#26 Player in the Nation, a GT recruit( priority at one time(not sure if we stayed on her after Kara Dunn committed, because they are so similar?)….
A 2022 consensus top 50 ranked Flau'Jae Johnson, 6-0 G, Sprayberry HS (Marietta, GA), signs with LSU WBB; her other finalists were Miami (FL), Ole Miss, and Texas.