GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not, yet. Coach Page is evaluating. We are getting early news on her GT recruitment, unlike Davey(Who had already built relationships up, and now I know why she didn’t go to Texas A&M. Tech had a conditional offer, as they wanted her as a 2G. We filled that up for this cycle. Tenn. took a 3F right before her). As you know, typically the international recruits are tough to gauge.

GT has not offered Hanna to my knowledge. Some of the offers have come from Washington St., Colorado, W. Mich., Delaware, Wofford, GWU, and some smaller schools.
The ones we are not certain about are: Indiana, Texas A&M, Mich., Penn St, UCLA, Baylor?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Top-15 ranked Ruby Whitehorn, a 6‘ SG, Detroit Edison Academy (MI), has announced her commitment to Clemson WBB, their second 2022 commit, joining Tadessa Brown, also from the state of Michigan.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A GT recruit at one point was a Top-70 ranked 2022 WBB prospect in Amiya Joyner, 6-2 F, Farmville Central HS (NC), who has announced her commitment to East Carolina (AAC).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A GT recruit at one point was a Top-70 ranked 2022 WBB prospect in Amiya Joyner, 6-2 F, Farmville Central HS (NC), who has announced her commitment to East Carolina (AAC).
She has basically decided to stay at home. Farmville Central is < ten miles from ECU. FCHS plays in the classification above our local HS, so I have not seen her play. That said, the girls basketball competition in that classification is very uneven. Farmville has won their division three consecutive years and Amiya is the main reason for last two. Some of the scores have been ridiculously lopsided.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watching HS basketball at the 1A or 2A level in rural NC is strange. It's basically the same for boys and girls, but the girls game can be totally dominated by two players. I have seen 100-20 scores. Those games are not rare with Farmville Central girls games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Watching HS basketball at the 1A or 2A level in rural NC is strange. It's basically the same for boys and girls, but the girls game can be totally dominated by two players. I have seen 100-20 scores. Those games are not rare with Farmville Central girls games.
I played at North Fulton in Buckhead, a City of Atlanta school in the ‘70’s. For the dozen public HS in the area, we had the same dilemma, mostly for the Girls. They would get hammered in some games by West Fulton or Mays by 108-6, 102-4, 112-8. One time during announcements the PA skipped their score and announced my name for competing in a regional math championship at Dunphy’s Royal Coach that was weeks away.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Could be wrong on this, but GTWBB hasn’t had a Post come in for an official visit recently or a scheduled trip to campus as of today. Thus, not expecting any signings this month other than the five verbal commitments. Looks like Spring period.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Could be wrong on this, but GTWBB hasn’t had a Post come in for an official visit recently or a scheduled trip to campus as of today. Thus, not expecting any signings this month other than the five verbal commitments. Looks like Spring period.
I will be surprised if we see a Syracuse style unraveling this Spring, but the transfer portal could be ripe with talent. I believe Nell is wise to keep a spot open and hope she retains the women she wants. Amiya would have been a nice pick up, but unless she always had her hopes on ECU I bet there is a reason (academic, perhaps) that NC State or UNC was not all over her recruitment. ECU is pretty much taking kids who cannot get in at UNC or NC State.

Note: NC has a state law that the university system schools cannot have more than 18% of their incoming freshmen come from out of state high schools. So, schools like ECU, UNCW and App State each have a student body with more marginal students.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
UNC took one of those 18% out of state NJ kids on Halloween Eve., in 5’8” PG, Paulina Paris. Not sure if Paris is French. Lol. GT never recruited her to my knowledge. I consider true recruiting as in evaluating, pulling transcripts and offering.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
They have 12 players listed on their roster with 7 transfers, 2 Freshmen for Vonn Read’s Syracuse team. Can't find an announcement on this one(and hadn't heard she was in the portal [again]), but Alaina Rice (5-8 JR guard, Rockledge, FL) is now listed on the ‘Cuse WBB roster; while she had previously transferred from Florida A&M to Auburn (5.3 PPG in 2020-21). https://cuse.com/sports/womens