GT (-7.5) vs. Pittsburgh

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Jackets open as 7.5 point favorites for Saturday's game.

Track line movements here.

Future opponents:
  • Virginia @ Boise State (-13) - Friday night game on ESPN2
  • Wake Forest (-4) @ App State
  • Duke (-3) @ North Carolina
  • Toledo @ Miami (-13)
  • Old Dominion @ Virginia Tech (-26)
  • Boston College @ Clemson (-34)
  • Mississippi State @ Georgia (-6)

Jmonty71

Banned

Future opponents:
  • Toledo @ Miami (-13)
I think we beat Pitt by 17. 45-28

Pitt looked totally inept this weekend. If CPJ throws the ball, Tech wins by 35. If he runs, Tech wins by 6.
Pitt certainly did not look good, but Oklahoma State had something to do with that. I think OSU has a stronger offense than Tech, and, more importantly, a better defense than we have. Pittsburgh donated a couple of turnovers that completely took them out of the game. They yanked their qb in a panicky move. They will clean up some of their mistakes, but they can score points on us. It will not be a cakewalk for us. It is another game where we will be trying to score 35 to their 30.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Gotta agree. Ok State is clearly a top echelon O this year. We can't expect to go out and replicate those results no problem. I am inclined to think we are closer to penn state on O than OSU so 30s sounds more realistic

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Pitt certainly did not look good, but Oklahoma State had something to do with that. I think OSU has a stronger offense than Tech, and, more importantly, a better defense than we have. Pittsburgh donated a couple of turnovers that completely took them out of the game. They yanked their qb in a panicky move. They will clean up some of their mistakes, but they can score points on us. It will not be a cakewalk for us. It is another game where we will be trying to score 35 to their 30.

While I agree that they can score points on Tech, after seeing this team in person it is immediately evident that they do not have an offensive answer or "go to" like they did a year ago (Connor, Peterman being able to make good throws, etc). Their oline looks serviceable at best and Ollison has dropped off. This really needs to be a W for Tech, and if our oline can play like they did against Tennessee this should be a 14+ point victory.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Future opponents:
  • Toledo @ Miami (-13)
Would not surprise me if Missy State upset the heathens

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we can win against Pitt, mainly because they are having such offensive problems. The Ds look similar. So far.

I also think the Good Dogs (MSU) will kill the Bad Dwags. It looks like they are a lot better then anyone expected, especially on D.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The spread is up to 9.5 to 10 pts now.

The line began moving hard following Narduzzi's comments ;)

upload_2017-9-22_14-34-40.png