GT 7.5 Home Dog to UCF

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Stop comparing this team to last year's team. There is no comparison. PERIOD. For either school.

They may or may not be an explosive offense. We'll see on Saturday. Only 1 guy "who flies like the wind" from last year's team is still there. After watching last weekend, was there anything you saw that would indicate that we would be unfocused against UCF? UCF is ranked higher than FSU was. Why would anyone on Tech's team take them for granted?

Sometimes I wonder about GT fans.

They haven't played a game what else do you have to base an opinion of UCF on? As for us, we are much better but have issues that need to be addressed. We may have some injury and depth issues. Young teams coming off a win can easily get caught up in the hype. It happens all the time. Sometimes I wonder about Tech fans that disparage other Tech fans. That said, I have every right to my opinion and do not care to continue this any further.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly after hearing about Georgia Southern losing 33 players cause of COVID-19 before the Campbell game, I think anyone could lose to anyone, and I don't know how in the world people have the guts to bet on games this year considering you don't know who is actually playing till kickoff, imagine of GA Southern had actually lost that game😭. I was thinking about how fortunate we were to have the Above the Line chart, then I heard about GA Southern and realized 1/3 of the team could test positive right before the game

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
They haven't played a game what else do you have to base an opinion of UCF on? As for us, we are much better but have issues that need to be addressed. We may have some injury and depth issues. Young teams coming off a win can easily get caught up in the hype. It happens all the time. Sometimes I wonder about Tech fans that disparage other Tech fans. That said, I have every right to my opinion and do not care to continue this any further.
oh, I was just riled up and you happened to be the next post I read. Didn't mean it to be demeaning, sorry about that. When you get on a trolling roll, sometimes it's hard to pump the brakes.

GT_EE78

Banned
[If you’re going, let’s show people how it’s done right!

absolutely. Hope GT has done away with the anti-science ban on the N95 respirator with valve.
That mask has been tested and is upper half of all tested masks for exhaling.is also one of the few that protect the wearer.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
absolutely. Hope GT has done away with the anti-science ban on the N95 respirator with valve.
That mask has been tested and is upper half of all tested masks for exhaling.is also one of the few that protect the wearer.
You know you can use the N95 masks that don't have valves right? I am not familiar with any established studies which show the efficacy being better than the majority of other mask options (as would be needed to score in the upper half of masks). Can you link to the study, as I am curious about this - we have some vented N95s from a home renovation that we haven't been using, since the guidance we had seen recommended against it for the protection of others.

Included below, from the CDC, FDA and Mayo Clinic with regards to the exhalation valves and their efficacy at protecting others around the mask wearer.

----------------------------------------​

(BOLDING IS MY OWN) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-use-faq.html - Source

Q: My N95 repirator has an exhalation valve. Is that ok?
A: An N95 respirator with an exhalation valve does provide the same level of protection to the wearer as one that does not have a valve. The presence of an exhalation valve reduces exhalation resistance, which makes it easier to breathe or exhale. Some users feel that a respirator with an exhalation valve keeps the face cooler and reduces moisture build up inside the facepiece. However, respirators with exhalation valves should not be used in situations where a sterile field must be maintained (e.g., during an invasive procedure in an operating or procedure room) because the exhalation valve may allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape into the sterile field. If you only have a respirator with an exhalation valve available, cover the exhalation valve with a facemask (surgical or procedure mask) that does not interfere with the respirator fit.

----------------------------------------​

From the FDA: (BOLDING IS MY OWN) https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks - Source

General N95 Respirator Precautions
  • People with chronic respiratory, cardiac, or other medical conditions that make breathing difficult should check with their health care provider before using an N95 respirator because the N95 respirator can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe.
  • Some models have exhalation valves that can make breathing out easier and help reduce heat build-up. Note that N95 respirators with exhalation valves should not be used when sterile conditions are needed.
----------------------------------------
(BOLDING IS MY OWN) Mayo Clinic agrees: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449 - Source

Some N95 masks, and even some cloth masks, have one-way valves that make them easier to breathe through. But because the valve releases unfiltered air when the wearer breathes out, this type of mask doesn't prevent the wearer from spreading the virus. For this reason, some places have banned them.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
FYI... the over under OPENED at 62. Moved to 60... AND IS NOW AT 62.5! I guess Vegas and fans think this game is a shootout. I tend to think if we cover or win the total goes under 62.5. Doubt we put up 30+ points.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
FYI... the over under OPENED at 62. Moved to 60... AND IS NOW AT 62.5! I guess Vegas and fans think this game is a shootout. I tend to think if we cover or win the total goes under 62.5. Doubt we put up 30+ points.
I was thinking about that earlier then realized we score 30 last week if we don't get the penalty on the opening drive and make our kicks so it is certainly possible.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking about that earlier then realized we score 30 last week if we don't get the penalty on the opening drive and make our kicks so it is certainly possible.
I agree, but we will still make mistakes. We act like we will clean up all mistakes from last week.

We very well can make more this week in different areas. Especially because UCF loves to play man to man press coverage.

GT_EE78

Banned
You know you can use the N95 masks that don't have valves right? I am not familiar with any established studies
yes but they are nearly impossible to find.Probably completely impossible if you don't have a medical connection.
Sorry, i no longer have the link but if you're searching one of the testings was done by Duke university, there were others but i don't recall by who.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
yes but they are nearly impossible to find.Probably completely impossible if you don't have a medical connection.
Sorry, i no longer have the link but if you're searching one of the testings was done by Duke university, there were others but i don't recall by who.
Appreciate it - will try that vector to find them. Agreed they are difficult to find, I don't want to go too far off topic, so will bring us back to the conversation at hand. Tech bests UCF Straight up, I am sticking with it. :) (y) :beercheers: 💰

Deleted member 2897

By comparison, Notre Dame had about as many offensive yards as we did, but scored 27 points. We lost several points from blocked kicks, plus from a silly play here or turnover there. Against what many people smarter than me (who isn’t) consider a great defense. Expecting something like a 34-28 game isn’t really a shoot out. Plus, I believe UCF plays an up tempo offense most of the time. It seems pretty reasonable to me.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
By comparison, Notre Dame had about as many offensive yards as we did, but scored 27 points. We lost several points from blocked kicks, plus from a silly play here or turnover there. Against what many people smarter than me (who isn’t) consider a great defense. Expecting something like a 34-28 game isn’t really a shoot out. Plus, I believe UCF plays an up tempo offense most of the time. It seems pretty reasonable to me.
I think UCFs defense will play better against us than FSU. I don't think FSU was ready for anything let alone a footbalk game.

We won't play as well offensively against UCF as we did FSU. FSU may have star individual players, but as a team they are awful. UCF is a team. We probably max around 24 points with them. I think we hold them to about 30.

Anything over 16 points is a shootout for us😂🤣. That was our average last year.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

More possessions will hopefully lead to more scoring opportunities.

Deleted member 2897

Anything over 16 points is a shootout for us😂🤣. That was our average last year.

And sadly that 16 ppg included an overtime touchdown, a defensive touchdown, a special teams fake pass touchdown, and a safety. Our offense by themselves last year averaged about 13 ppg in regulation.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I saw that one of the kick-offs was not returned, one of them was not really covered well, and didn't see the third one. Seems the left-footed kicker has a big leg. Kelley kicking FGs & PAT's and someone else kicking off.
I'm not worried on the KOs. We don't loose points that way, usually.