GT 7.5 Home Dog to UCF

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Given that their total offense out put last year was often double what ours was, the wonder is that we are not double digit underdogs. We were double digit underdogs against FSU so this is not uncharted territory. The mindset of the team is more important than any notions of being respected or disrespected. Have they come down off the clouds yet? Are they focused and ready to play ball? We have guys hurt are the backups ready to play? We will find out. Each week presents new challenges. This one is facing an explosive offense full of guys who are undersized by power 5 standards but can run like the wind. If we are not focused, they will have guys running free like its a flag football game.
How many yards did they have against Clemson?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How many yards did they have against Clemson?
Well, that is just the point isn't it? A lot of those video game stats were against teams like Florida Atlantic, Houston, Tulane, UCONN, East Carolina, and Florida A&M. Can they move the ball against our defense? They certainly did against Pitt in a losing cause and against Stanford in a win. No one really shut them down but Cincy definitely slowed them down. We have to be much more efficient in the red zone against this team. Leaving points on the field will get us blown out.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, that is just the point isn't it? A lot of those video game stats were against teams like Florida Atlantic, Houston, Tulane, UCONN, East Carolina, and Florida A&M. Can they move the ball against our defense? They certainly did against Pitt in a losing cause and against Stanford in a win. No one really shut them down but Cincy definitely slowed them down. We have to be much more efficient in the red zone against this team. Leaving points on the field will get us blown out.
I hate to give the bastards credit, but UGa is quite nasty year-in and year -out. And there are others on our annual schedule who would be in that level defense.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Given that their total offense out put last year was often double what ours was, the wonder is that we are not double digit underdogs. We were double digit underdogs against FSU so this is not uncharted territory. The mindset of the team is more important than any notions of being respected or disrespected. Have they come down off the clouds yet? Are they focused and ready to play ball? We have guys hurt are the backups ready to play? We will find out. Each week presents new challenges. This one is facing an explosive offense full of guys who are undersized by power 5 standards but can run like the wind. If we are not focused, they will have guys running free like its a flag football game.
Stop comparing this team to last year's team. There is no comparison. PERIOD. For either school.

They may or may not be an explosive offense. We'll see on Saturday. Only 1 guy "who flies like the wind" from last year's team is still there. After watching last weekend, was there anything you saw that would indicate that we would be unfocused against UCF? UCF is ranked higher than FSU was. Why would anyone on Tech's team take them for granted?

Sometimes I wonder about GT fans.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Stop comparing this team to last year's team. There is no comparison. PERIOD. For either school.

They may or may not be an explosive offense. We'll see on Saturday. Only 1 guy "who flies like the wind" from last year's team is still there. After watching last weekend, was there anything you saw that would indicate that we would be unfocused against UCF? UCF is ranked higher than FSU was. Why would anyone on Tech's team take them for granted?

Sometimes I wonder about GT fans.
They will definitely be explosive, as explosive as least year no probably not, but they still have a lot of speed and size lining up outside. Honestly I’m interested to see how everyone responds to the turf, I know they have practiced on it but going game speed on it is different, having played on both I’m a big fan of grass cause some turf can be slick, which makes it hard to cover people in and out of cuts.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
They will definitely be explosive, as explosive as least year no probably not, but they still have a lot of speed and size lining up outside. Honestly I’m interested to see how everyone responds to the turf, I know they have practiced on it but going game speed on it is different, having played on both I’m a big fan of grass cause some turf can be slick, which makes it hard to cover people in and out of cuts.
Dude. This is a Tech forum. If you want to defend UCF, go play on their forum. All you are doing here is looking bad.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Dude. This is a Tech forum. If you want to defend UCF, go play on their forum. All you are doing here is looking bad.
I said I had a concern about turf bud, I personally prefer grass, there’s a difference between respecting your opponent and digging on your own program, I think we are very talented, but this a new UCF team and we have no idea how talented they are.and I can promise you one thing I don’t care if I have YOUR validation, because everyone else will understand what I really meant.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I said I had a concern about turf bud, I personally prefer grass, there’s a difference between respecting your opponent and digging on your own program, I think we are very talented, but this a new UCF team and we have no idea how talented they are.and I can promise you one thing I don’t care if I have YOUR validation, because everyone else will understand what I really meant.
You're right. Using your own words, "we have no idea how talented they are," so stop propping UCF up.

Respect no opponent. Crush them like the insects they truly are.

Deleted member 2897

Um considering Bama plays Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M in conference games every year I wouldn't say they need to prove themselves through out of conference games.

That is the logic that the SEC teams use to schedule 2-3 pattycake games apiece each year. The hilarious thing is how many times they lose or barely eke out a win.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey man, best of luck to your team Saturday!
Definitely rooting for Tech, as Ive said several times I got Tech 28-24, Gabriel is very talented throwing the ball, but is undisciplined, Sims will play well and Jahmyr Gibbs will shock the nation

alagold

Helluva Engineer
cfu is an established program with a strong resume--they were #1 in US last yr in T-F-Loss and top 5 in pts per game ,I understand--that's strong combo in anybody's league..They destroyed Temple and we --didn't-- to say the least.
So 7+is understandable esp when Home field advantage is dubious. (ask Iowa st ).
I expect us to play a competitive game butplaying at the level of last wk will probably get us beat.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
That is the logic that the SEC teams use to schedule 2-3 pattycake games apiece each year. The hilarious thing is how many times they lose or barely eke out a win.
This quote was taken out of context, I was making a point because someone stated that UCF
I personally think that applies more to the SEC East, I think they play a very easy schedule, Georgia cough cough........, but the SEC west I don't think has much to prove.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
cfu is an established program with a strong resume--they were #1 in US last yr in T-F-Loss and top 5 in pts per game ,I understand--that's strong combo in anybody's league..They destroyed Temple and we --didn't-- to say the least.
So 7+is understandable esp when Home field advantage is dubious. (ask Iowa st ).
I expect us to play a competitive game butplaying at the level of last wk will probably get us beat.
I agree we have to play cleaner, and please don't let any player test positive, if we lose more players I'm gonna lose my mind

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw that one of the kick-offs was not returned, one of them was not really covered well, and didn't see the third one. Seems the left-footed kicker has a big leg. Kelley kicking FGs & PAT's and someone else kicking off.
I'm pretty sure one of the kick-offs was Brad Stewart's little brother who's a PWO. Anyone actually know why Wesley wells left the team, thought he was put on scholarship?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hate to give the bastards credit, but UGa is quite nasty year-in and year -out. And there are others on our annual schedule who would be in that level defense.

Now that is just unkind to UGA....that said my father, RIP, told me that he would not root for Georgia with one engine out on the team plane. Yes, they are nasty on defense year in and year out because that side of the ball is more about recruiting than anything else.