GT 68 - NIU 50

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Remember, this is still a young team. We'll have uneven performances. It's ALWAYS good to be on the winning side regardless of how we look. Just find a way to win untill the players find themselves and get comfortable with each other and within the system.
I think you have it right. I’ve watched every game. We can look unbeatable, and we can look lost. In the same game! Georgia State was competent, but not great. Our other victories were over inferior teams. Hard to tell what this team is, or will become. I really like the pieces, and am looking forward to watch our development.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I would say a group who hasn’t played together a lot, not young. Sturdivant-SR, Howard - SR, Terry - SR. Smith - JR and Coleman -SO. That’s our starting 5. Off the bench we play 2 SOs, a JR and a SR.

Not young but haven’t played together much.

slugboy

Staff member
I think you have it right. I’ve watched every game. We can look unbeatable, and we can look lost. In the same game! Georgia State was competent, but not great. Our other victories were over inferior teams. Hard to tell what this team is, or will become. I really like the pieces, and am looking forward to watch our development.

We haven’t looked like we’re ready for the tournament after the first three games, but we are 3-0. Even against inferior teams, this is a better start than I’m used to. Maybe I’m mistaken but I’m used to early season losses, and it seems like we’re playing better at this point of the season than usual.

We’re also going 9 deep, and I’m more used to 7. If we could go 10, I’d be even happier.

The offense does seem to sputter; I hope we fix that soon.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree it is nice to be 3-0 and to be beating some out of conference teams early. My criticism of CJP teams the past few years has been losing to small schools early which comes back to haunt them later even if they do well in conference play. But, if they continue to give up as many offensive rebounds as they did last night night to better teams, they are going to get killed. NIU got many second and third chances but could not put it in the hoop.
But I love their hustle and hard play.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
We have seniors on the roster but this team will go as far as Smith, Coleman, Kelly, and Moore take them. That is the core of the team and they are the most talented players. Our success for this season and the next few will depend on their development. It probably seems like a young team because our best players are some of our youngest.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We have seniors on the roster but this team will go as far as Smith, Coleman, Kelly, and Moore take them. That is the core of the team and they are the most talented players. Our success for this season and the next few will depend on their development. It probably seems like a young team because our best players are some of our youngest.
I have to add Franklin to the list.Without him playing well the inside is WEAK.