GT (-6.5) vs. UVA

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
That's a large spread for Duke. They may cover.

Giving us 6 is nuts. We cannot defend a mobile QB. We will have to score on all drives. If the over under is 60 or under, I'd take the over. Should be a 42-41 type game. I don't know if we can play defense. Sure we looked good against miami, but many teams look good against miami this year. They still drove 95 yards on us, while converting on 4 or 5 3rd and longs.... still not a ton of confidence in being able to stop a mobile qb unless we are willing to adjust and put in pur faster linebackers.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
That's a large spread for Duke. They may cover.

Giving us 6 is nuts. We cannot defend a mobile QB. We will have to score on all drives. If the over under is 60 or under, I'd take the over. Should be a 42-41 type game. I don't know if we can play defense. Sure we looked good against miami, but many teams look good against miami this year. They still drove 95 yards on us, while converting on 4 or 5 3rd and longs.... still not a ton of confidence in being able to stop a mobile qb unless we are willing to adjust and put in pur faster linebackers.

The difference was a lot of those scrambles were because we took bad angles on a sack and missed. That can eventually eb corrected, maybe nto this year but eventually with our newer crop of linebackers. and one fo them the o-linemen held adams so he couldnt' wrap.

Deleted member 2897

I have to keep rolling with my predictions as it seems they are working I am going UVA 38- GT24

“I’m doing really well with my predictions, so let’s keep it going - we lose this week!”

Whaaaaa??

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
By the way, the concern about mobile quarterbacks is real against UVA. Perkins is a beast, no joke. Think of him as a faster Josh Nesbitt.

agtmbomg.gif

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
By the way, the concern about mobile quarterbacks is real against UVA. Perkins is a beast, no joke. Think of him as a faster Josh Nesbitt.

This is my biggest concern after seeing a "not so fleet of foot" QB run for first downs on 3rd and long Saturday night. It seemed like even when our LB's had him, he got away. This guy at UVA is a much better runner than the U QB.

slugboy

Staff member
That is a stunningly high spread for a traditional trap game. We should tell the players they need this win for bowl eligibility (oh, wait, they already know they're in).
How is UVA's offensive line? Any stout receivers?

Here's our updated S&P+ now:
S&P+ Rk: 59
Off. S&P+ Rk: 19
Def. S&P+ Rk: 96
Special Teams S&P+ Rk: 68

(That's a massive improvement in special teams this year. We're still behind UVA for the year because the later games with their injuries aren't factored in. We've had our injuries all year)

Deleted member 2897

That is a stunningly high spread for a traditional trap game. We should tell the players they need this win for bowl eligibility (oh, wait, they already know they're in).
How is UVA's offensive line? Any stout receivers?

Here's our updated S&P+ now:
S&P+ Rk: 59
Off. S&P+ Rk: 19
Def. S&P+ Rk: 96
Special Teams S&P+ Rk: 68

(That's a massive improvement in special teams this year. We're still behind UVA for the year because the later games with their injuries aren't factored in. We've had our injuries all year)

WOW - #68 in special teams?????????????????????? Amazing improvement.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is my biggest concern after seeing a "not so fleet of foot" QB run for first downs on 3rd and long Saturday night. It seemed like even when our LB's had him, he got away. This guy at UVA is a much better runner than the U QB.

Careful. @dressedcheeseside has a whole thread threatening dudes for bringing this up.

(Kidding, dcs. Hey, put that gun down.)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clemson's QB looks like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Make fun of Trevor Lawrence all you want...that guy is a future #1 overall draft pick for some franchise. There's a reason Dabo benched a veteran QB who took them to National Championship for Lawrence. He's going to be a better overall QB than DeShaun Watson...and we all know how that turned out. Oh, and NFL scouts are already drooling over him:

https://sports.yahoo.com/best-prosp...-worthy-challenger-alabama-yet-072945117.html

Simply put, Trevor Lawrence has flashed so spectacularly in his debut season with size, poise, arm strength and mobility that he could well become the top quarterback prospect of this generation. “He’s the best prospect since [Peyton] Manning,” an ACC assistant coach told Yahoo Sports on Saturday night. “He’d be the first pick in this year’s draft if he came out, even if he didn’t play another snap.”

I've followed his career for years before Clemson. He was a college QB as a JR in HS, and he was making throws in HS that a lot of NFL QBs can't. Our defense is going to have our hands full with him the next 2 years (I doubt he plays into his Senior year).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Careful. @dressedcheeseside has a whole thread threatening dudes for bringing this up.

(Kidding, dcs. Hey, put that gun down.)
B Mitchell will hit the UVA QB. Miami's QB was shifty.
Will B M stop him or will he get "drugged"?
After practicing against Miami's speed it will be like shooting sitting ducks.
I say he will stop him cold. Others are going to need help!
Go jackets