GT (+6.5) vs. BYU

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Line opened with BYU as 4 point favorites and they are now favored by 1 TD at home.

From a talent standpoint alone this is a winnable game for us. The big unknown is the team's mental state of mind. The team and coaches are likely going through the lowest of lows and now have to play an out of conference game in a very difficult venue.

IF the team shows up to play then we have a great chance of taking this one. That is a very big IF though. A win in Provo could change the tide of the season even without the ACC championship in the picture, especially with many folks putting this game in the same category of toughness as VT and Miami.

There's not a lot of shame in losing to VT and Miami even though we really could have won those. I hope the team and coaches are motivated to play out the rest of the season to the best of their ability. There is still a lot at stake for the team and especially the seniors to go out on a positive note.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
After seeing how we've played the last two games, I'm somewhat unusually pessimistic about this game (especially since they handed our asses to us last year). Here's to hoping that GT can turn everything around. At least hoping for a less frustrating game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Line opened with BYU as 4 point favorites and they are now favored by 1 TD at home.

There's not a lot of shame in losing to VT and Miami even though we really could have won those. I hope the team and coaches are motivated to play out the rest of the season to the best of their ability. There is still a lot at stake for the team and especially the seniors to go out on a positive note.

+1

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at BYU, they must run a hurry-up no-huddle offense since they averaged 96 plays/game on offense (Wow!). They look to have a marginal passing game with a decent running game (sounds a bit like.... US!). They have a stout defense (We have to face another one!?!) and have held opponents to less than 17 pts/game.

Also, they haven't exactly played cupcakes up to this point. They've played against UVA, Texas, Utah, Middle Tenn St, and Utah State. That's a pretty good line up of teams to face against in your first 5 games and they've lost to UVA and Utah.

For us to win this one, we really need to get some better blocking up-front and sustain enough drives to get us into Butker's range. On the defensive side, I think its pretty clear they need to concentrate on one thing: stop the running attack of Jamaal Williams and Taysom Hill.