GT (-51.5) vs. Alabama A&M

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am not a sports betting guy, but if I was, I would NEVER bet for a team to cover 52. That is a lot of points. Rarely is there ever an incentive for a team to run up the score like that.

This is going to be a tough week for the coaches and players. Tough in the sense that we need to stay focused and make some meaningful improvements despite an inferior opponent. For me, I think we gained more against Clemson than we ever will against A&M. Finding a way to move the ball and pass a little in the face of the adversity of an athletic pressing defense was huge for us. That has been the big limitation since CPJ arrived. We have had a tough timing airing it out when teams dared us to pass. We weren't great but we made progress. The Clemson film will teach Vad more than any film review yet.

What would I do this week if I was CPJ? It is a tough question. First, you have to make sure you win the game. Beyond that I think I would:
1. Rest kids who are banged up
2. try to reinforce some of the stuff out of new formations to expand our vocabulary a little
3. get some reps with the younger guys. I would like to see JT play and entire half and get a chance to manage the game a little.

I don't think repping the crap out of the 3O this week would prove that beneficial. The reason being, we are not having trouble with it when there is space and time. The problems have come up when the windows get smaller and the clock speeds up. We won't be able to replicate VT like conditions playing this opponent. Sure we need to run 3O some during the game, but we to develop the roster some too and expand the playlist.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Yeah that's a little ridiculous. Give me the points and A&M. I want JT to play most of this game. Let Vad have a quarter to get his mojo back. Maybe only let him throw the ball (doesn't mean B-backs and rocket tosses are out of the question - this is more for mental and physical health reasons,) get timing down with his receivers and have godhigh running the wheel as a bail out if no one is open. Then sit him to let him get healthy. He's going to need all of the rest can get for UGA