GT (+3) vs. UGA

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I am glad to hear the enthusiasm regarding a possible trip to the ACCCG. I quit posting on another board recently. One of the things that really chapped my A$$ was a prevailing attitude that they didn't even want to go to the game in fear of getting crushed by FSU. What kind of crazy nonsense is that from a fan base? Holy cow. Chances at conference championships only come along so often. When they come, you need to grab them. I don't care how steeply favored the opposition would be. As a former player and current coach, you have to embrace every challenge put before you. That is what it is all about. It is only really worth doing if it is difficult anyway. How satisfying was it rolling over A&M? I say bring on the Noles and see what we can get done. I absolutely refuse to harbor any fear of losing. Fear of losing IS for losers, end of story.

I have about give up with TOS as well, so dang negative over there. I have a good feeling about this game, just hoping that if the mutts try to scheme us defensively like VT, BYU, and Clemson did that CPJ will counter with some different stuff...given we execute. I want to see some mean streaks out there as well this Saturday...maybe a bodyslam or two like they did us last season. Would love to see Godhigh have an 08 Roddy Jones type day!

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Can you imagine the publicity from knocking off FSU?

That would be awesome for our team. It would definetly help recruiting some too. I would love for us to beat the mutts then win the ACC and go to the Orange bowl. It would be a great boost going into next season. We have quietly had a very good second half of the season. Lets keep the ball rolling.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I could care less what impact to our bowl status an ACCCG would have. We'll bowl somewhere. I want a chance to beat a national contender in a conference championship game. It is another chance to tighten the chin strap and go play. There are only going to be so many games in our lives. Having a chance to play one more would be well worth it. Appearing in the game and playing well, or even winning, will help build the program to where we want it to be, especially in terms of recruiting. Stuff like that is all positive.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not getting my hopes up, but the linesmakers tend to know what they're doing and this line is way closer than I thought it would be. Sadly, I think the state of college football is such that FSU winning the MNC would help us more in the long run than beating them (my opinion on this changes entirely if Auburn beats Bama).

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not getting my hopes up, but the linesmakers tend to know what they're doing and this line is way closer than I thought it would be. Sadly, I think the state of college football is such that FSU winning the MNC would help us more in the long run than beating them (my opinion on this changes entirely if Auburn beats Bama).
No way man. Winning is always better. If we are fortunate enough to have all three games this saturday turn our way, I want to beat FSU. I could care less about their national title hopes or those of the ACC. Now, Swofford probably thinks otherwise and we will have to beat the refs too.

If we don't go to Charlotte, then by all means, lets have FSU run the table.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not many gave us much of a chance last year prior to the game. Turns out, we had the ball at the end of the game with the chance to take the lead. Can't ask for much more than that. Much rather be there than not.
made it worth the trip to be in it 'til the end. (still sucked that we lost, but at least we made it a game).

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am glad to hear the enthusiasm regarding a possible trip to the ACCCG. I quit posting on another board recently. One of the things that really chapped my A$$ was a prevailing attitude that they didn't even want to go to the game in fear of getting crushed by FSU. What kind of crazy nonsense is that from a fan base? Holy cow. Chances at conference championships only come along so often. When they come, you need to grab them. I don't care how steeply favored the opposition would be. As a former player and current coach, you have to embrace every challenge put before you. That is what it is all about. It is only really worth doing if it is difficult anyway. How satisfying was it rolling over A&M? I say bring on the Noles and see what we can get done. I absolutely refuse to harbor any fear of losing. Fear of losing IS for losers, end of story.
On top of that, many of those losers would rather GT lose to FSU in the ACCCG for fear of what FSU losing does to the reputation of the ACC. How *** backwards is that?