GT (+3) vs. Ole Miss

Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Who did they beat? I don't get how they're losses are supposed to make them great?
Is this post for real?
I never said that Old Miss was great
The BCS uses the strength of schedule for its rankings--along with everyone else
Didn't you post somewhere recently the ranking of our opponents offenses and defenses?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think Ole Miss is a decent team and when they play up to the potential they have then they are a very good team.

However I have a lot of faith in going against Wommack.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ole Miss is a gunna kill us
Yellow Jacket bowls under CPJ suck
His offense gets shut down, period
That goodness our defense & special teams score sometimes--including last year when our punt return squad got the ball to USC's 1 yard line where it only took us 2 downs to just barely make it to the goal line
Georgia Tech 7
Ole Miss 28

Are you skeered of Ole Miss? :eek:

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Facts are hard to argue against, thus you have to avoid them.

Well, GA TECH, I was wondering when you would show up?

sad-eeyore.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Facts are hard to argue against, thus you have to avoid them.

Here are some facts:
1) Your first two statements were opinions not facts.
2) Your third statement is expressed as a fact, but is debatable and needs substantiation.
3) Your fourth point was not so much a fact as a passive-aggressive exclamation that assumed a fact that needs support.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Offense
Ole Miss 473 yards per game 30.4 ppg
Tech 441 yards per game 36.5 ppg

Defense
Ole Miss 376.5 yards per game 24.3 ppg
Tech 350.5 22.7 ppg

Somebody please explain to me why Tech should be cowering about facing Ole Miss? I've watched a number of Ole Miss games this year and feel Tech will win this game.

Last edited:

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Somebody please explain to me why Tech should be cowering about facing Ole Miss? I've watched a number of Ole Miss games this year and feel Tech will win this game.
I thought they looked really good against A&M but that was before I figured out A&M couldn't stop anybody. I don't remember the LSU game.

They beat Texas too.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Ole Miss caught TX early just as BYU did before Mac ran off his D Coordinator. The week after Ole Miss put 44 on TX they scored exactly zero against Bama. I'm not saying Ole Miss is a bad team but they're are not a team the Tech should be scared of.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Ole Miss caught TX early just as BYU did before Mac ran off his D Coordinator. The week after Ole Miss put 44 on TX they scored exactly zero against Bama. I'm not saying Ole Miss is a bad team but they're are not a team the Tech should be scared of.
LoL This is what happens when I only type part of what I'm thinking. I don't think we should be scared of them either. I added Texas as an afterthought because others asked who have they beaten. On paper LSU, Vandy, and Texas sounds more impressive than Duke, UNC, and Pitt or Syracuse. But again I don't think we should fear them and I look forward to the matchup. I think DJ can hang with Treadwell

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this is an excellent match up. I have no idea who will come out on top. Two teams trying to fight their way to the upper crust of college football and falling just a bit short. The only result that would surprise me is a blowout either way. Neither team is great, both have their flaws. I am not sure if having Wommack defend us is a good thing for GT. Having familiarity helps, even for him. Nothing but excitement for me. Looks like the Mrs and I will be going since we will be in ATL for Christmas.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Tape of the Auburn game against Ole Miss should help us out a bit. See what defensive front they'll likely line up in

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree with Boomer. Excited about this game. It's going to be a big challenge for us. This might be our 2nd or 3rd toughest opponents this year.