3. Duke (+13) vs. Texas A&M
  4. Virginia Tech (+7) vs. UCLA
  5. Miami (+3) vs. Louisville
  6. North Carolina (-2) vs. Cincinnati
  7. Syracuse (+5) vs. Minnesota
  8. Pittsburgh (+6) vs. Bowling Green
  9. Boston College (+7) vs. Arizona
  10. Maryland (+2) vs. Marshall

The ACC is an underdog in 9 of the 11 games.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Other ACC matchups -
  1. FSU (-8) vs. Auburn
  2. Clemson (+3) vs. Ohio State
  3. Duke (+13) vs. Texas A&M
  4. Virginia Tech (+7) vs. UCLA
  5. Miami (+3) vs. Louisville
  6. North Carolina (-2) vs. Cincinnati
  7. Syracuse (+5) vs. Minnesota
  8. Pittsburgh (+6) vs. Bowling Green
  9. Boston College (+7) vs. Arizona
  10. Maryland (+2) vs. Marshall

The ACC is an underdog in 9 of the 11 games.
Wouldn't that be 8 of 10 games.
That Duke matchup is horrible for them.
Miami vs Louisville is an interesting good match up
LOL Marshall being favored over Maryland
Which V Tech team shows up
Don't see UNC being favored
Bowling Green vs Pitt is a dogg
Tech gonna have it's hand full with it's match up.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't say I disagree with a whole lot of those. The ACC is playing some underrated teams. As of right now, I say FSU, GT, and BC all win. Duke loses. All the rest are toss up for me

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I would take GT and the points. They are basically saying Ole Miss > ugag

Sort of. We were actually at home vs. UGA as 3 pt underdogs. If we were playing Ole Miss at home we'd get roughly 3 points, effectively making the game a pick 'em.

I haven't watched Ole Miss that much this year; from the little I've seen I would not be able to definitively say they are better or worse than UGA. There are a ton of teams that are just 'above average' with little separation. Our performance this year puts us in that category along with the aforementioned "vaunted" SEC teams.

Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Ole Miss is a gunna kill us
Yellow Jacket bowls under CPJ suck
His offense gets shut down, period
That goodness our defense & special teams score sometimes--including last year when our punt return squad got the ball to USC's 1 yard line where it only took us 2 downs to just barely make it to the goal line
Georgia Tech 7
Ole Miss 28

Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you? Miss that game last year, where they played their tails off and beat a better team than the Ole Miss team they're playing this year?

Just shooten straight
Its not just a matter of how hard a team plays, a lot more than that determines who wins
My guess would be that under CPJ the Georgia Tech offense has averaged about 13 points per bowl game

gtdrew

Banned
It's about 14.5, but it's skewed WAY down by the LSU debacle. I think they turned a corner last year. Sometimes it's more than a talent issue. I think there have been some changes in bowl game prep since CPJ arrived. Besides, idk WHAT you've seen from Ole Miss that makes you think they're just gonna roll us, other than the conference name on their helmet. And I'd be more than happy to help dispel that myth for you...

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Ole Miss is a gunna kill us
Yellow Jacket bowls under CPJ suck
His offense gets shut down, period
That goodness our defense & special teams score sometimes--including last year when our punt return squad got the ball to USC's 1 yard line where it only took us 2 downs to just barely make it to the goal line
Georgia Tech 7
Ole Miss 28

I would be willing to wager we score more than 7 on offense.

Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It's about 14.5, but it's skewed WAY down by the LSU debacle. I think they turned a corner last year. Sometimes it's more than a talent issue. I think there have been some changes in bowl game prep since CPJ arrived. Besides, idk WHAT you've seen from Ole Miss that makes you think they're just gonna roll us, other than the conference name on their helmet. And I'd be more than happy to help dispel that myth for you...

But an average includes both the high end and low end production
Ole Miss has lost to the best teams in the country in Auburn, Alabama, Missouri, Texas A&M and they beat LSU & Texas

Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I would be willing to wager we score more than 7 on offense.

Could happen if Ole Miss puts in its second string defense in the 4th quarter, as that's when we score on teams that have us beaten
It's just plain recent history that supports such

Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Interesting that you didn't include Miss. St. in that grouping

That was a bad loss, but the rivalry games can do that, especially when they are on the road--its just that we can't beat our rival
I doubt that there is any other team in the country that has lost to 4 stronger teams (#2, #3, #8, #21) than that of Ole Miss
Ole Miss also beat #14 & #29

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
That was a bad loss, but the rivalry games can do that, especially when they are on the road--its just that we can't beat our rival
I doubt that there is any other team in the country that has lost to 4 stronger teams (#2, #3, #8, #21) than that of Ole Miss
Ole Miss also beat #14 & #29

Tennessee...2, 3, 8, 10 and 22.