GT (-29.5) vs. Wofford

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Per 5Dimes
upload_2014-8-24_12-16-44.png

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
I suspect that both teams being run first option teams will lead to the game being over fairly quickly as the clock will hardly ever stop. In turn, that will have a suppressing effect on the score. 30 points is probably a fair margin of victory then.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I fully expect a blowout, but let's not get over confident. In 2012, a very good Gamecock team had to struggle to beat Wofford late. Final score was 24-7.
The difference is that 2012 Wofford team was a very good FCS team. I believe they lost to Georgia Southern in the 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs. The 2014 version is not anywhere close to that level.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think the spread is about right, but if I were betting I would pick over. I am just ready to quit guessing and start watching.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Over the years I have been absolutely wretched at trying to predict games scores. It always seems the general tenor of a contest is way different than I think going in. Therefore, I will leave point spreads to the experts. I think we will dominate, but what that ultimately means on the scoreboard, I don't know. Both teams run a lot. If we get a huge lead, we will probably see a lot of dives and third stringers.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe it was like 2008 that Gardner Webb came into the flats and outside of a blocked field goal at the end had everyone on edge, just saying! Cheer the boys on and use home field for the advantage and don't take it lightly. Terriers do not have anything to lose!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe it was like 2008 that Gardner Webb came into the flats and outside of a blocked field goal at the end had everyone on edge, just saying! Cheer the boys on and use home field for the advantage and don't take it lightly. Terriers do not have anything to lose!
Yeah, and we were playing the 4th string QB that was too slow and inexperienced to run the offense. Big anomaly. It could happen, but it won't. It won't even be close after the first quarter unless we have 3 turn overs.