Nov. 1 VIRGINIA
Nov. 8 at NC State
Nov. 15 CLEMSON
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia

I feel bad for NC St. They play FSU, Clem, BC and then Louisville consecutively

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Best looking slatae we have ever had in my opinion..........three and o and the wagon full of folks and if we beat one of the four we are what nine games to the good.......really looks good for the jackets ..may try to save money for the Ga Southern game....

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We should have a sense of what Duke is like before we play them.....we both play Tulane and Miami before we meet. On the other hand, if we don;t break the VT & Miami hex.....the Duke game may not mean much
Duke is close to turnig the corner but we still have their number.David C is good coach but can he stockpile players is the question.Of course they are on a run after last year and they allways give us fits but we should handle them.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Like I say (I do, you know) it's the scheduling as much as the talent or the coaching. For once we have a schedule that we can contend with and most of the teams we play in the middle of it are in the same boat we are: breaking in new QBs and replacing key players.

The games that worry me most are VT (of course) and Duke. Most here seem to be discounting Duke because (I guess) their schedule last year was so weak. OK, it sure was. But they got a lot of self confidence out of going 10-3 and almost beating TA&M. Confidence goes a long way in football and we'll be coming off Miami, sure to be a tough game.

Still, the chances for Tech to do well next year just got a whole lot better, imho.

I give Duke credit but let's be honest here... the Coastal division was hot garbage last year. Duke, with some great coaching, floated to the top. We will slap duke again this year.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Good sched. Worst I see is the cluster of division games. Would be possible to lock up an ACCCG invite on Nov 1. Would require winning both @ VPISU and Miami... but our players should have rhythm and be close to injury-free in those games.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Good sched. Worst I see is the cluster of division games. Would be possible to lock up an ACCCG invite on Nov 1. Would require winning both @ VPISU and Miami... but our players should have rhythm and be close to injury-free in those games.
Injuries can happen during any game (even warm-ups before the game). What I like about the 3 games to open the season is that the guys probably won't be beaten up and battered when we play VPI and Miami.

Animal02

Banned
I give Duke credit but let's be honest here... the Coastal division was hot garbage last year. Duke, with some great coaching, floated to the top. We will slap duke again this year.
Agree, If Tech switch places with Duke WRT when each played VT and Miami, we would have won the coastal....Duke got the lucky "bounce" of injuries on other teams.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There's no way to know that. Heck, guys go down with season ending stuff in the preseason.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Agree, If Tech switch places with Duke WRT when each played VT and Miami, we would have won the coastal....Duke got the lucky "bounce" of injuries on other teams.
Duke got the lucky bounce of that, for sure, and a slate full of crappy teams to round out their schedule. Their most impressive win was at VT. (Was VT missing somebody of note in that one?)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Not me. I remember thinking our schedule last year almost couldn't be made worse.
I was one of the guys who said we should be seven and five but a win from either BYU or Miami would make us really get over the hump.We had shots at both and lost and seemed like rest of the year was Ho Hum .

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hate to make a season record prediction in January before we even have spring practice etc. However, you could give me five tries at reshuffling the schedule and I doubt I could make it better for GT.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I hate to make a season record prediction in January before we even have spring practice etc. However, you could give me five tries at reshuffling the schedule and I doubt I could make it better for GT.
If you think we like it..........bet Paul is very happy...probably saves his job.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Would another 7-5 including losses to VaTech, UM, Clemson, and the Mutts be enough to save CPJ's job?
I would think he needs at least 8 and needs to beat at least one of the big uns...Georgie,Vt,Miami etc ..some say he must win coastal but if he wins 8 and goes to a bowl we will be having the same discussion a year from now.Hill is happy and that is half the battle.OF course if we stumble then the bets are off but first three games should be ours and by then we should know who can do what with what.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I would think he needs at least 8 and needs to beat at least one of the big uns...Georgie,Vt,Miami etc ..some say he must win coastal but if he wins 8 and goes to a bowl we will be having the same discussion a year from now.Hill is happy and that is half the battle.OF course if we stumble then the bets are off but first three games should be ours and by then we should know who can do what with what.

We've beat up on our early OOC opponents before, and still limped into a bowl with 7 wins. Do you see Tulane & GaSo as tough enough to tell us what we've really got? (Not dissing either one, BTW. Just haven't seen em play.)

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We've beat up on our early OOC opponents before, and still limped into a bowl with 7 wins. Do you see Tulane & GaSo as tough enough to tell us what we've really got? (Not dissing either one, BTW. Just haven't seen em play.)

Southern might have been tough enough if Monken had stayed but I expect it to be an easier game with Fritz as the new HC. GSU has been a triple option team since Christ wore short pants and Fritz's offenses were a spread option style at Sam Houston State, so one would expect a bit of time needed to adjust to a new system/style of play.

I know nothing of Tulane though.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My point is by the time we really meet a big un....we will have had three games under our belt. Tulane is only name school and they were bad.....Southern no longed in option so we shouuld win that one easily .....