GT 2014 schedule

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
What is not to like......4 toughest games are clumped 2 - 2 with an open date between the 2 game sets. Softer middle of the season. Even the travel schedule only has one back to back away games.....a short hop to UNC and then Pitt.

It's a favorable schedule. But I remember us saying some of the same stuff last year. "We'll start 3-0 and if we can win the VT it will be a special year." I just found it funny.

Animal02

Banned
It's a favorable schedule. But I remember us saying some of the same stuff last year. "We'll start 3-0 and if we can win the VT it will be a special year." I just found it funny.
Same thing this year, minus the 2nd week bye. If we get rid of at least one of the VT/Miami losing streak, it could be a very good year.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I do wish we were playing VT and UM later in the season because I feel like both teams teams usually slow down during the second half of the season, but if that is my only gripe, I say that it is the most fair schedule GT has seen in a few years. Hopefully having a bye befure ugag makes a difference this year. I do think the most key aspect of our schedule is the first 3 games which allow JT or whoever I qb is going to be for that matter to get some good game reps before the schedule really ramps up.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Seems a good schedule. Couldn't ask for much better at the moment. Best part is open date before UGA. We will win that damn game next year.

Animal02

Banned
I do wish we were playing VT and UM later in the season because I feel like both teams teams usually slow down during the second half of the season, but if that is my only gripe, I say that it is the most fair schedule GT has seen in a few years. Hopefully having a bye befure ugag makes a difference this year. I do think the most key aspect of our schedule is the first 3 games which allow JT or whoever I qb is going to be for that matter to get some good game reps before the schedule really ramps up.

The first three games were already set by Tech.....preventing the ACC from screwing us like they have in the past. Once again, Tech's shot at winning the Coastal will be pretty much determined by Oct.4 It is noce having the second bye before the Miami game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not me. I remember thinking our schedule last year almost couldn't be made worse.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The first three games were already set by Tech.....preventing the ACC from screwing us like they have in the past. Once again, Tech's shot at winning the Coastal will be pretty much determined by Oct.4 It is noce having the second bye before the Miami game.
On the flipside, if we have a 4 game winning streak going, the last thing you want to do is sit idle when you have a big game next.

Animal02

Banned
On the flipside, if we have a 4 game winning streak going, the last thing you want to do is sit idle when you have a big game next.
Having two open dates is a given - same could be said about the UGA game....what if we are 11-0 heading into that......sit idle for a week :banghead: The spacing of the open dates is pretty decent...First one 1/4 of the way into the season....will give a little time to heal bumps and make adjustments. The second separates what may be the two biggest games of the season.

Animal02

Banned
I think the Duke game is the trap. We take Duke for granted, but they will be a tough out next year.

Also, don't forget CPJ patted Cutcliffe on the butt after the game last year. ;) I think coach Cut will seek revenge for that...

/

We should have a sense of what Duke is like before we play them.....we both play Tulane and Miami before we meet. On the other hand, if we don;t break the VT & Miami hex.....the Duke game may not mean much

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
need to beat VPI to get that huge monkey off our back. It will likely be a grind 'em out kinda game, and hopefully JT can house a QB keeper or something to give us the victory.