GT 2014 schedule

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
The times will be fine if we win, that's always going to be the case. If we get to 4-0 and start rolling, we won't have a game before 3:30, but if we lose to the usual suspects we'll have a lot of noon ESPN 37 games

Aug. 30 WOFFORD
Sept. 6 at Tulane
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI
Oct. 11 DUKE
Oct. 18 at North Carolina
Oct. 25 at Pitt
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA
Nov. 8 at NC State
Nov. 15 CLEMSON
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia
It is much better than we have had in years. Can't open the composite, but I am assuming that no one playes Southern or Navy the week before they get us. Can't complain, but October is a potential blood bath.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Aug. 30 WOFFORD
Sept. 6 at Tulane
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI
Oct. 11 DUKE
Oct. 18 at North Carolina
Oct. 25 at Pitt
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA
Nov. 8 at NC State
Nov. 15 CLEMSON
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia

We've gotta get a win against Miami, VT or both next year. It will also be interesting to see how Duke and UNC look.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
1) It is probably the best schedule that we've had in years and years.
2) Getting this schedule this year will probably mean getting VPI at Tech on a Thursday next year. Since CPJ has been our coach, we are undefeated against VPI on a Saturday at BDSHGF.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Like I say (I do, you know) it's the scheduling as much as the talent or the coaching. For once we have a schedule that we can contend with and most of the teams we play in the middle of it are in the same boat we are: breaking in new QBs and replacing key players.

The games that worry me most are VT (of course) and Duke. Most here seem to be discounting Duke because (I guess) their schedule last year was so weak. OK, it sure was. But they got a lot of self confidence out of going 10-3 and almost beating TA&M. Confidence goes a long way in football and we'll be coming off Miami, sure to be a tough game.

Still, the chances for Tech to do well next year just got a whole lot better, imho.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
The first three games are going to be huge to getting JT plenty of playing time before the real test. This is the best schedule that I remember having in a long time. Only Duke(week), Clemson(2 days), and Pitt(2 days) having extra time to prepare. Seems like a new group put the schedules together. I really liked the Thursday night games when I was a student, especially the white out one. Sooo much fun! I can see the coaches reasoning for not liking them though. Without the depth of a factory school, playing on a Saturday then Thursday causes major issues.

Animal02

Banned
The Tulane game will be a fun road trip, too...
Never was so drunk in one weekend as the road trip to Tulane when I was at Tech.......night game in the superdome left the entire day for partying in the French Quarter......and even after the loss we didn't leave Pat' OBrien's until almost 4 in the morning. Barely made it back for my 9 am class on Monday :D