GT - 05-07 West Virginia Mountaineer comparison

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
After watching last night’s UNC game it hit me, our team reminds me of the 05-07 WV squad. Outside of GT, this was my favorite team. A very electric offense, Sims is our Pat White, Gibbs is our Noel Divine and Dontae is our Steve Slaton. Their Defense also ran the 3 stack (aka 3-3-5). Heck even our punter Shanahan reminds me of Pat McAfee. Just watch the first quarter of this first clip. Added Noel clip as well. Would love to see our team retain this Identity rest of the way. Heavy running team with all our backs and Sims, then play action over the top. 3 stack D creating chaos and turnovers and punter creating his own youtube sports show.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
No one should ever be a fan of any WV team. This vintage you speak of especially. Maybe the players were OK, I don't know. But their followers were the most despicable human beings I've ever been around - including inbreds to the east.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
No one should ever be a fan of any WV team. This vintage you speak of especially. Maybe the players were OK, I don't know. But their followers were the most despicable human beings I've ever been around - including inbreds to the east.
The folks of WV are fine people, who I've had the pleasure of working and partying with. Sorry you feel this way.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
The folks of WV are fine people, who I've had the pleasure of working and partying with. Sorry you feel this way.

Well, the fine people didn't travel to gainesville that year to pick fights with 10 year old girls I guess. But their ahole fans did.

They learned.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Last year I made the comment that Sims/Gibbs would end up being our Pat White/Steve Slaton.

I have to say, Sims is much more impressive as a runner than I realized. He makes guys miss and has a lot more burst than it looks.