Gsu game

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Tech 58, Southern 14.

PJ may not call off the dogs in this one. And this won't be a very good Southern team.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
35 -21 tech..tech goes down 14-0 then defense steps up and offense goes nuts in the second half.

Fredge

Georgia Tech Fan
Scariest game ever....no win situation. GA Southern had a float in the Savannah St Patrick's Day Parade with the Florida score posted all over it. If we were to somehow lose, living down here would be unbearable. Need to jump on them early and hammer 'em all day long.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Everyone know that we practice against the Triple Option Offense 100% all day everyday in practice. We will shut them down based on that right there. Its in the AJC soo.....

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
GSU is transitioning to a new offense under Willie Fritz. I don't expect to see much option, if any. I think we'll see a more traditional spread. GSU will have better athletes than an Elon or Wofford, but I expect them to struggle early on switching systems. They also lost Jerrick McKinnon to the Vikings, an absolute freak who played QB, WR, AB, and started at DB in last year's playoffs. IMO he would have been the best AB that GT has ever had, if he didn't challenge for the QB spot.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
GSU is transitioning to a new offense under Willie Fritz. I don't expect to see much option, if any. I think we'll see a more traditional spread. GSU will have better athletes than an Elon or Wofford, but I expect them to struggle early on switching systems. They also lost Jerrick McKinnon to the Vikings, an absolute freak who played QB, WR, AB, and started at DB in last year's playoffs. IMO he would have been the best AB that GT has ever had, if he didn't challenge for the QB spot.

Duh... I keep forgetting this.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
While at sam Houston state the coach had teams ready and called good offensive game. Ran offense like auburn but will pass deep. Wonder if gsu ol which is not tall can block in space. With this a new offense it should be rough going for them against nc state - good indicator.

We should hold them to 20 ish even when our offense has a couple of turn overs. The gt offense should be explosive with JT making some big plays in first three quarters and back ups showing a different look in q 4. 45 - 21 and they score late.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No way in Hell Roof is going to allow Georgia Southern to score 3 TD's on his defense, especially Game 3. If that happens, I'll capitulate the remainder of the season. I anticipate 3 FG's or 1 TD late and a couple of FG's. More than that and color me shocked.

Normally I would look at MTSU and say "maybe", but there's also no way CPJ is going to allow Southern to be close. I don't see him running up the score, but it will be decided early.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Not sure what thats supposed to mean but dont be surprised when its a close game.
Nothing like a friendly rivalry to rile up the fanbases.

I do have to say though, this is a GT community so you're going to have to deal with strong pro-GT sentiments. :D

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what thats supposed to mean but dont be surprised when its a close game.

I think it calls to mind the boat racing Samford gave to Southern last year. That was ugly. About as ugly as the horrid loss to a bad App State and to Furman on their last trip to Paulson for a SoCon game. How do you lose that game? How? It's Furman. Furman is evil incarnate. And they walk out of Paulson with a win. Shameful it is to let that happen. But I'm still bitter over 2001.