GSU and a Little Perspective

There is No way would I believe the offense would have done so well in the 1st half. The defense performed good and on track for a generally expected defensive score.

If you were at the game you heard the song playing right before the second half start. A little Kenny Roger gambler song about know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run. I thought, oh no... that is not the song to get your men to play and that is a song to make the other team mad. That is what happened.

Both the O and the D let up a little. The pentalty even caused the team to let up even more. Confidence is good, over confidence killed Custer.

Look, that last drive was a team fighting for thier lives. The team was capable during the second half of drives just like the last one. They did not have the hunger given the fill of the first half success.

That second half was more about lack of hunger and over confidence along with a mad and hungry GSU than any thing else.

The team still showed that they could be great on O and the D can keep the other team from scoring more than GT. Now the team needs a hunger to win and a need to stomp on some throats and never let one play just be "another play" and one drive just be "another drive".

All you guys jumping off bridges, go ahead and jump. Was I deflated and frustrated, yes. I did cheer the cheer of the last repreave, the yell of the winner pulling success from the jaws of defeat, the scream of a fan riding the football roller coaster. Did you cheer... remember that and temper the middle with the start and end.
We need a new coach, it is that simple.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The real question is why Fritz took out Ellison. Dumb coaching move and it cost him the game

Fritz said after the game that Ellison had hurt his shoulder and didn't think he could go, so they went with Upshaw. And it was working. Until the fumble.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
However frustrating and unpredictable this season has been so far, no team goal has been removed from the table regardless of how lofty. Survive and advance. We need to get better. However, I don't care how well we might have played, our record could not possibly be any better at this point. Don't ever assume a loss until they happen.

Those who assume a loss, are losers, but they will tell you they are a realist. Not someone you would want on a football team, a business partnership, or a fire fight.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bad call or not, GSU had every opportunity to stop us from driving the field and scoring a touchdown to win the game. They had not given us crap for the whole half. When it was time to man up we did and they did not. I've seen our team suffer the same fate on many occassion. It was refreshing to see us turn the tables.

Go Jackets! 3 and 0 with 9 to go.

Gojackets55

Banned
We need new fans, it's that simple.
I get frustrated with Paul but then I step back and realize there are many teams that do the same **** we do and are considered great programs. Take a look at va tech and Frank Beamer they wet the bed every yr, hell hasn't he been beaten by James Madison twice with more talent than us? Yet our fans forget about that and expect us to be flawless week after week.

Ugasux

Georgia Tech Fan
I get frustrated with Paul but then I step back and realize there are many teams that do the same **** we do and are considered great programs. Take a look at va tech and Frank Beamer they wet the bed every yr, hell hasn't he been beaten by James Madison twice with more talent than us? Yet our fans forget about that and expect us to be flawless week after week.
Well said!!!!!!!!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This! I guess Southern Cal coach should be fired. BC leading at the half with a dominant game on the ground, go ACC. Notre Dame is struggling with Purdue. Fire the coach. Ohio State loses to VT who loses to ECU. Fire the coach. And the list goes on and on. Would not be many coaches around if one half determined if the coach should be fired. This is football and we are 3-0 with a young team that is hopefully learning. Wish we had more fans like GSU. Watching the TV it seemed like they made our fans today look bad.

Gojackets55

Banned
This! I guess Southern Cal coach should be fired. BC leading at the half with a dominant game on the ground, go ACC. Notre Dame is struggling with Purdue. Fire the coach. Ohio State loses to VT who loses to ECU. Fire the coach. And the list goes on and on. Would not be many coaches around if one half determined if the coach should be fired. This is football and we are 3-0 with a young team that is hopefully learning. Wish we had more fans like GSU. Watching the TV it seemed like they made our fans today look bad.
Don't forget about Texas who just got blown out by BYU is beating UCLA, and BYU didn't play good game against Houston lol haha

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Being a homer is cool. Being delusional is not cool.
Did we look lethargic and unfocused at the start the second half yes but how long does that last? We got whooped plan and simple. We created a turnover which lead to the game winning drive. I predicted a win, but I also predicted it would be close, because I don't think we are that much better than GSU. Some have said we should have dusted GSU, I'm like what team have you been watching not just this year but for the last 3 years to make that assumption. When did GT become a juggernaut that could ease off an opponent?
We are what we are and that's a mediocre football team. We've lost a lot of depth on defense and that's gonna show. We're not talented enough on the line or at key skill positions to dominate. We have some talent at the QB & WR. We relying on freshman at key areas DE, Oline, & secondary. We are not that good and will struggle.
I said 7-5 and that's gonna be a clawing and kicking nail bitter 7-5 if that.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
However frustrating and unpredictable this season has been so far, no team goal has been removed from the table regardless of how lofty. Survive and advance. We need to get better. However, I don't care how well we might have played, our record could not possibly be any better at this point. Don't ever assume a loss until they happen.

Not to be a negative nellie, but why has it always been survive and advance the last 4 years? Why can't it be 'beat down and advance', especially when you have a better team?