Griffin is NOT now in the portal

pcctlw

Georgia Tech Fan
Sad. Once the strongest group on the roster now a liability with lack of depth. Wish CGC or Tstan would give us more insight on the defensive changes. Concerned about losing younger talent on the defensive side too.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think the implication is that it’s the other way around: the guys are in the portal because Tashard told them he’s leaving. Either way, I hope it’s not true. I really like Tashard.
Tashard was offered very big RB coaching jobs last year at top schools and turned them all down. He’s a tech man and loves it here. He’s also been on the trail everyday since the season ended

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Tashard was offered very big RB coaching jobs last year at top schools and turned them all down. He’s a tech man and loves it here. He’s also been on the trail everyday since the season ended
Does the hire of a new OC affect that decision though? We are all speculating. Let's hope he stays.

MAT 2005

Georgia Tech Fan
Hate to see him leave but I think we’re good at RB. The kid from Langston Hughes is really good and we in the running for another RB too. And plus the kid from Baltimore who’s committed to us, we should be just fine.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ordinarily I would be concerned. Coach Choice (Broyles award semifinalist) continued presence on the flats means running back is the least of our concerns. O line and defense are what worry me.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ordinarily I would be concerned. Coach Choice (Broyles award semifinalist) continued presence on the flats means running back is the least of our concerns. O line and defense are what worry me.
Your last sentence - ol and defense is why he left. We ran the rpo over and over even though the ol was moving backwards at 2 feet a second . When the rb got the ball or the qb kept there was a huddle of 7 Players. The plan was to squirt out the small hole in the side.
He has called his own running P nut Portal Play.
Good luck to mr griffin.

Ps i got a thank u email from choice saying - Here for Duration.

Deleted member 4873

In case you re on another planet or just oblivious to realities players everywhere are entering the portal daily. Teams not just us, are losing players in abundance. Gibbs is a huge loss, I get that but more of our players will hit the portal.
That does free up positions for more scholarships for transfers too. If a player isn’t getting meaningful playing time, losing them is not anything to panic about. People here are just looking to be negative. Time to quit b**ching about the past and try to be optimistic about the class coming in. Last I looked, Collins has a good class on the way.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
...... If a player isn’t getting meaningful playing time, losing them is not anything to panic about. People here are just looking to be negative. Time to quit b**ching about the past and try to be optimistic about the class coming in. Last I looked, Collins has a good class on the way.
Does this mean we shouldn't get excited about the transfers coming in then?