Great piece on CPJ

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My favorite line:
"People who think I’m a good coach think I’m a good coach. People who think I suck think I suck. I ain’t gonna change their mind.”

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
A great piece and to my surprise really, really well written with any number of phrases turned slyly. It captures him and his program. My only disagreement would be his assertion he had no trouble recruiting QBs, because three mediocre years belied that, and now, the calendar of recruiting being what it is, he is facing the same issue in 2017. Regardless a really enjoyable read and a great find. Thanks.

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
A great piece and to my surprise really, really well written with any number of phrases turned slyly. It captures him and his program. My only disagreement would be his assertion he had no trouble recruiting QBs, because three mediocre years belied that, and now, the calendar of recruiting being what it is, he is facing the same issue in 2017. Regardless a really enjoyable read and a great find. Thanks.
He's got you pegged..."People who think I’m a good coach think I’m a good coach. People who think I suck think I suck. I ain’t gonna change their mind.”

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ would have made a good Tech Freshman Chemistry or Calc I teacher. He acts and sounds just like the ones I had back in the early 70's.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow

2 words: Christian Campbell

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
2 words: Christian Campbell
I know that he and Matthew Jordan are in the pipeline, and Boomer is very high on Campbell. I hope you're all right and then we'll be all right. But Thomas came down from another league and it is hard to imagine what he will accomplish with two years yet to go, but what he has accomplished is spoil us for about anybody else. I'd hate to be the follow-on to him.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The biggest problem in the Tevin years, even though he did not have a great arm, was inability of players to catch the ball. This past year was first real receiving corps since Bay Bay. We are over that hump and a lot of options coming into this year including great potential freshman.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know that he and Matthew Jordan are in the pipeline, and Boomer is very high on Campbell. I hope you're all right and then we'll be all right. But Thomas came down from another league and it is hard to imagine what he will accomplish with two years yet to go, but what he has accomplished is spoil us for about anybody else. I'd hate to be the follow-on to him.
I really do like Campbell and his film. He is a pretty special athlete. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the speed of the game. Certainly, it is not time to quit on Jordan for QB. But, at the same time, it is obvious that he has not adjusted while making the jump. I am not saying it won't happen. I am just saying that he has had 1.5 years and it hasn't happened yet. I have yet to see MJ show any kind of field vision or poise in the pocket that would indicate the game is slowing down for him to the point where he is even marginally ready. This will be an important year for him. I think he runs tough and is a good athlete who could help us in a lot of ways if QB doesn't take off.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

JT is special, no doubt about that. But this O can click with different types of QBs, as well. None of MJ, CC, or JR (don't forget about him, as he was the #1 target) look like JT, but they each have skills that can succeed as the whole offense grows. Just remember the gnashing of teeth that we had to roll with Goose after #14...