Great Coach/Great Human Being

Jabber

Georgia Tech Fan
I have known Coach Pastner for 16 years ever since he recruited one of my former players when he was at Arizona. I noticed something different about him from the first time we talked on the phone. He is much more than a coach to his players. We have since become great friends. Whenever my phone would go off at 5:00 am or at midnight my wife would say " must be Coach Pastner".

I have been at his office when he was at Arizona with his desk phone hung over his shoulder, a cell phone to his ear and at the same time writing a note to a recruit. He slept so little. My comstant advise to him which I must admit was totally ignored was to slow down and get more sleep for his health.

A few years ago my son had a severe accident and he helped me when I wanted to start a prayer cycle. He called me 2-3 times a day at the hospital. GT is so fortunate to have him as their HC and from what I have seen and heard he is fortunate to be at such a fine institution.

Count me in as a new and enthusiastic GT fan.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thanks for the kind words about the Institute and for your insights into our coach.

I think most of us are forcing ourselves to be cautiously optimistic and are willing to give him a fair shake here. From the outside looking in, he does appear to be a genuine and hard working dude. Qualities we can all appreciate.

I'm rooting like heck for him to sign a great class, get a solid season (considering the clear roster disadvantage) and springboard GT to prominence where it belongs.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@Jabber - thank you for that bit of information. Hoping and assuming that your son is doing well today. It's always good for folks to find out the good that many folks do behind the scenes. thank you for sharing.

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am cautiously optimistic about Coach Pastner. He seems to fit the profile of coaches who do well at Tech to me. Great work ethic, Embraces our academic pedigree, Down to earth, and a Life-Long Learner. Like a lot of successful Tech students he is basically a hard working eccentric nerd (I mean that as a compliment as I am one too). It is not often that a coach and school seem to fit each other like a glove. It will take a while for us to be a perennial NCAA team again but I am hopeful that Coach Pastner is the man to do it.