Great article on recruiting & CBK...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Mentions that CGC and CBK became very good friends when Key played at Tech and Collins was an assistant, and his friendship has lasted to this day. Collins said Key was nasty, tough, physical, and played on edge and that is the exact same thing he sees when he looks at Brent's recruits today. Tech needed bigger linemen in today's game and OL recruits average 6"-5", 297 lbs. A player's character and desire to develop also is considered factor in recruiting. Tori goes on to tell that she pulled up her recruiting scouting reports after the interview and she saw a direct relation in how she described our players and how Collins described Key as a player. Tori does her work well.
You are welcome. :)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Brent Key is the 2nd best OL Coach in the nation and he’s a absolute killer recruiting. People should realize how lucky we are to have him at GT, he could pick any factory in the nation and they’d KILL to hire him. He’ll be the HC at Tech one day if he wants it.

Who's your 1st? Just for curiosity sake.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Just noticed this new season ticket benefit for football this season:
  • NEW FOR 2020 -A free 3-month subscription to The Athletic – in-depth coverage of Georgia Tech, plus the Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Atlanta United & more.
I've been a subscriber for about a year, and it's been a great value. GT coverage is good -- more feature stories, not a bunch of hot takes or three paragraph blogs, etc. Plus, lots of content from national writers. Glad to see GTAA working out a deal with them to spread positive GT news.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If you follow Key on Twitter, you'll see that he loves to talk shop...explain why blocking techniques work or don't work. He's also not afraid of going after football scouts who have no clue what they're talking about. Pretty fun to follow.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Brent Key is the 2nd best OL Coach in the nation and he’s a absolute killer recruiting. People should realize how lucky we are to have him at GT, he could pick any factory in the nation and they’d KILL to hire him. He’ll be the HC at Tech one day if he wants it.
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, especially if CGC gets poached by a blue blood or NFL team. That means we are succeeding. But CBK has gotta tone it down publicly and on twitter a bit. I'd hate to see us have to fire him bc of some dumb remark he said. It is gt afterall, bad **** like that can happen to us.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, especially if CGC gets poached by a blue blood or NFL team. That means we are succeeding. But CBK has gotta tone it down publicly and on twitter a bit. I'd hate to see us have to fire him bc of some dumb remark he said. It is gt afterall, bad **** like that can happen to us.
I think we would lose CBK to another team long before we lose CGC . CBK's next job will be as a head coach.