Grass Problem at the Rusty C

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Just talked with a player's dad about the grass at the Rusty C. Was caused by ground crew error relating to fertilization. Most major areas, if not all, will require re-sodding. Estimated cost at this time is $500K. Seems the whole program is just cursed.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how this happened? For the last several the field and grounds staff have received national recognition for being among the best in college sports!

Deleted member 2897

Just talked with a player's dad about the grass at the Rusty C. Was caused by ground crew error relating to fertilization. Most major areas, if not all, will require re-sodding. Estimated cost at this time is $500K. Seems the whole program is just cursed.

I think you misunderstood the Dad. I think he said CDH has just **** all over this program and it might cost $500k to fix.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Where, in God’s name, do people come up with estimates like this. I just sodded a half acre in beautiful Zoysia grass for about $15K. A baseball field is about 2 acres. They must be planning to hire CDH’s brother-in-law to do the re-sodding.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Maybe you can sod two acres for $30K, but I would not want you to redo our baseball field for $30K. The type of turf is a whole lot different, and the degree of precision in laying the sod is a lot more exact.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Are the camps that had to be completed (before the playing surface reconstruction could start) a recruiting opportunity or just a revenue generator and if so, for who?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Are the camps that had to be completed (before the playing surface reconstruction could start) a recruiting opportunity or just a revenue generator and if so, for who?
Revenue generator. I went to a couple of them and they are fun. Good teaching opportunities for young kids. The age groups at the camps go from young kids through high school players.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
First week down in the renovation of Russ Chandler for @GTBaseball and @GT_GroundsCrew
DjIjWChUwAI4f7Z.jpg

Direct message

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Right now, a grass problem is the least of our problems!

Thanks Stinger. Not directed at you but the general chaos in the world.

True on that! But with the fixing our "sandlot" might help (many disappointments) with a positive attitude all around? Maybe not.

I still try to be hopeful every year even when I'm ready to give up on our program.

Hey! I like more chaos in my world..;):banghead::arghh::beercheers: