Graduation Today and This Fall

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
First off, Congrats to all our graduating football players today. It is something to be extremely proud of and a GT degree will take you far in life.
I was looking over the list of graduates and we have 3-4 names that will play a huge roll in our upcoming season. Justin Thomas, Freddie Burden, Pat Gamble, Francis Kallon
I think this could be an advantage to us having a better season than expected. Everyone knows the grind that school is on our players. This fall they will be working internships for credit and will not have the pressure of school and can focus on football.
In other news I've heard Antonio Simmons should be good to go to start back in the fall at GT and be eligible.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
First off, Congrats to all our graduating football players today. It is something to be extremely proud of and a GT degree will take you far in life.
I was looking over the list of graduates and we have 3-4 names that will play a huge roll in our upcoming season. Justin Thomas, Freddie Burden, Pat Gamble, Francis Kallon
I think this could be an advantage to us having a better season than expected. Everyone knows the grind that school is on our players. This fall they will be working internships for credit and will not have the pressure of school and can focus on football.
In other news I've heard Antonio Simmons should be good to go to start back in the fall at GT and be eligible.

Great news about Amp. For.some reason, every time I see his name, I think, "He's the best"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
List of graduating SAs:

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/201...justin-thomas-among-tech-athletes-graduating/

Football guys (since this is the FB thread):

MFB Zach Allen Industrial Engineering
MFB Freddie Burden Business Administration
MFB Patrick Gamble Literature, Media & Communication
MFB Roberto Hinojosa Industrial Engineering
MFB Francis Kallon Literature, Media & Communication
MFB Austin McClellan Business Administration
MFB Denis Onwualu Electrical Engineering
MFB Chase Roberts Business Administration
MFB Rusty Scott Mechanical Engineering
MFB Tim Seager Nuclear Engineering
MFB Justin Thomas Business Administration

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: As he graduates, Freddie Burden has ‘angel looking down from above’
When his father was hospitalized, even during the football season, Freddie made daily visits a part of his schedule. Class, team meetings and practice until 7 and then off to the hospital. He stayed there until 10:30 or 11 and then returned home for schoolwork, sometimes until 2 or 3 o’clock in the morning. Then up at 6 a.m. to start over again.

“I had to give up a lot to make those sacrifices, but I would have done for the rest of my life if I had to,” he said. “I wouldn’t have changed it for the world.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Pat Gamble:

Tomorrow I'll be the first man in my family to get a college degree. Football has allowed me to do things I didn't think I'll ever accomplish play in front of 100,000 fans and get a degree from the prestigious Georgia Institute of Technology. I'm so thankful. Doesn't stop here got my last season in college coming up gone be a good one look out. Bless up

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Congrats! Did you get a Proud Parents pin?

We were both there and now there's a 3rd gen LFD on the alumni rolls.
I have a friend who is a Florida graduate by the way, whose son graduated yesterday from Tech with a master's in computer science. I asked him (the graduate) what the Tech experience was like: Quote: "As an undergraduate, it should be outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Waterboarding has nothing on "Ma Tech" He seemed to imply that as a graduate student and TA it was not quite the chamber of horrors that he experienced as an undergraduate.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'll tell you what...I think my wife and I both got one but I'm sure our Memories Box only needs one. If you want (and if I'm correct that we have two), we'll send your wife one of ours. We don't mind and would be more than willing to share these memories with other parents. I still well up thinking about what she did these last four years as she almost didn't make it home from the hospital 22 years ago.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'll tell you what...I think my wife and I both got one but I'm sure our Memories Box only needs one. If you want (and if I'm correct that we have two), we'll send your wife one of ours. We don't mind and would be more than willing to share these memories with other parents. I still well up thinking about what she did these last four years as she almost didn't make it home from the hospital 22 years ago.
Why I love this site. Got to like LongforDodd

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Why I love this site. Got to like LongforDodd
Thank you, sir. The school has meant much to me and now the 3rd generation. My daughter called me after she finished her last class a couple of weeks ago to tell me it was her last. I asked her if she was relieved and she said, for some reason, that she was kinda' depressed and that she was growing an attachment to the school and really liking what she was studying. Granted she didn't get beat up in the Engineering School (Biology) but she's now a GT alum and hopefully on to Med School.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Thank you, sir. The school has meant much to me and now the 3rd generation. My daughter called me after she finished her last class a couple of weeks ago to tell me it was her last. I asked her if she was relieved and she said, for some reason, that she was kinda' depressed and that she was growing an attachment to the school and really liking what she was studying. Granted she didn't get beat up in the Engineering School (Biology) but she's now a GT alum and hopefully on to Med School.
It's Stockholm syndrome...

Congratulations to her!