Graduating next semester.. looking for a job in the ATL area to support my jackets

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello guys,
Can I get some advice or referals. I am an ISYE (industrial engineer) graduating nexts (Spring 2020). Any ideas about places I can apply for a job? I am a first generation immigrant so I am actually new to this. I'd like to find a job here in the Area so I can support the basketball and football teams. Any advice would be extremely helpful. Best

Hello guys,
Can I get some advice or referals. I am an ISYE (industrial engineer) graduating nexts (Spring 2020). Any ideas about places I can apply for a job? I am a first generation immigrant so I am actually new to this. I'd like to find a job here in the Area so I can support the basketball and football teams. Any advice would be extremely helpful. Best
Don't they have some kind of placement office at Tech that can help you with finding a job? They sure used to.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Also, reach out to GT Young Alumni Club in GT metro area...those are recent grads like you who are working in the ATL...some might have solid leads......

Deleted member 2897

Hello guys,

congratulations on getting a degree in the #1 program in the country for the last 25 years!

Go to the campus interviews and schedule as many you can get. I interviewed with like 25 companies my senior quarter. Many I didn’t think I would like, but’s good for the practice. Speak to the career office about options and what you can do. Any ISYE folks here please speak up if you have time. I think there are consulting companies and lots of big enterprises in the Atlanta area that have management tracks. For example I am pretty sure Home Depot has a management training program where they hire people like you. You spend 1-2 years learning all the different parts of the business and then you get embedded into some management aspect and go from there. Good luck!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys,
Like you, I was an IE and also made an intentional effort to stay in ATL. Keeping the connection to GT sports played a big part. It worked out then, and it worked out in the long run too.

I would definitely attend the spring career fair and hit as many booths as you can. Also check CareerBuzz in advance for the list of open positions that the attending companies are recruiting for. I'm not sure of all the big players for IE's at the career fair today. I'm sure Home Depot, Manhattan Associates, Cox, Newell Brands along with the big consulting companies (Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, Accenture, etc.) are still recruiting IE's, and all generally recruit for ATL, among other locations.

Other avenues... the ISyE school usually has its own career fair. Check out Mentor Jackets, which is a program designed to help students of all ages to connect with alumni, and there are folks who will help with resume reviews. I've participated in that as an alum and also as part of the local alumni network. I am happy to be a resource to you if it's helpful. Just shoot me a PM.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hello guys,
I’d start with wherever you Co-op’d at or interned during the summer unless that’s not an option. The big career fair was in Sept but there’s another one in early Feb. There were about 90 companies at the IE career fair in Sept & it might be worth your while to start with that list. Same companies are probably looking to hire now.