Got chills watching this

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I get the sense that Coach Curry was unpopular with a lot of Tech folk for various reasons, but I think time heals a lot of wounds (apparently not all of them) and he has become a good ambassador for us and tries to use his voice to speak to what's right. Dan Wolken even calls him the "conscience of college football". Glad he is a Tech man.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
With the Twitter post by GT Football, could it just be that GT asked him be narrate and he followed a script. Actually seems like it might be something that Collins probably asked him to do it. If I was asked, I would be honored to do it. He's still a voice for GT even if he did leave (twice I guess)

Don't know about the times in '64, but I can say the primary reason I graduated from Tech was because said coach in '83 stopped for a minute as he was walking along Techwood Avenue to check on Freshman (in obvious despair) who had just failed his Calculus final (and for that matter the class). After said Freshman told him what had happened, Coach Curry gave some words of encouragement to keep up the fight, etc. and that with hard work anyone can succeed. It was just a quick simple statement, but it was enough to help get this kid through school. He didn't have to stop, and he had just finished a miserable season the week before, so plenty of reason to say "Quit your whining, kid, you don't know what real life is yet". But he did, and I am grateful.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Lebron is 3-6 in NBA Finals. Perfect games generally require incredible defense behind them. Lamar Jackson won a Heisman with one of the worst OLs in the conference. Cam Newton carried a mediocre Auburn team to a title. WRs take running plays off all the time. QBs/RBs make the first man miss all the time.

Just as an example (not trying to make the same mistake and call my main sport the best sport) in rowing, your boat can actually be slowed down by one guy pulling harder than the rest.

It can be slowed down but the row boat doesn’t stop if one guy doesn’t execute. If 1 out 11 miss an assignment, there is almost a 99% chance that play will be a negative play

Even tho Lebron is an all- time, he matched up vs. some great teams in the finals. 1 vs. 5 is near impossible but he & other learned that you can have 2/3 GreatS vs 5 really good players and win a title. LJ OL may have been bad but no way he throws for 3k if his WR is running wrong routes or the OL blocking the wrong guy. Same with Cam.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
With the Twitter post by GT Football, could it just be that GT asked him be narrate and he followed a script. Actually seems like it might be something that Collins probably asked him to do it. If I was asked, I would be honored to do it. He's still a voice for GT even if he did leave (twice I guess)

Don't know about the times in '64, but I can say the primary reason I graduated from Tech was because said coach in '83 stopped for a minute as he was walking along Techwood Avenue to check on Freshman (in obvious despair) who had just failed his Calculus final (and for that matter the class). After said Freshman told him what had happened, Coach Curry gave some words of encouragement to keep up the fight, etc. and that with hard work anyone can succeed. It was just a quick simple statement, but it was enough to help get this kid through school. He didn't have to stop, and he had just finished a miserable season the week before, so plenty of reason to say "Quit your whining, kid, you don't know what real life is yet". But he did, and I am grateful.
He spoke at one of my nieces HS graduation in Macon 10-12 years ago. I can see him having written that himself.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

Great story. I met BC when he was an assistant on Pepper’s staff and I was writing for the Technique. Still one of the most impressive men I’ve met.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Great story. I met BC when he was an assistant on Pepper’s staff and I was writing for the Technique. Still one of the most impressive men I’ve met.
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing this from him like a year ago maybe? I think Curry said this during a speech of some kind a year or two ago.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Has anyone seen this before? We need to promote the hell out of this. Anyone know the creator / narrator? I see it says Zach Broadaway, but it's hard to believe the guy made it himself.

EDIT: Sorry - saw the video in another thread . Mods - Delete pleae.