Google Chrome PDF Issues?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Any of you Tech Savvy guys run Google Chrome as your browser? I use it A LOT but recently I've not been able to download files, especially PDF's. The file actually downloads, but will say "Failed- Virus Scan Failed".

Anyone here familiar with this error or know a way to combat it? Thanks.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
I use chrome pretty exclusively as well as a Chromebook. I've never had that problem so I'm thinking it's not the browser. Does your AV need updating? Does it have a plugin that needs updating? I use Linux and ChromeOS so I've not used an AV for years.

I use Firefox, so I don't have that problem, but this morning I am unable to post (even type) responses on TheSwarm on my computer, and yet I can both type and post on my phone, which I am doing now. Does anybody have any idea what's going on there?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I've also the same problem with replying on my Laptop so glad it isnt just me. As for plugins and the likes, I'm not seeing anything in particular that needs my attention. I keep this machine pretty clean and for research purposes only.

The only thing I can think of is the issues started when I put ARCgis and ARCmap on my machine. It bugged it up real nice. So I'm in the process of completely removing that POS software and see if it helps

Good to know I am not alone, but I have not put anything like you mentioned on my machine. The only changes I have made since my last post yesterday were to remove some program named Unchecky that was preventing me from reinstalling Skype, and then actually reinstalling Skype.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Deep State is surveilling GT Swarm lounge. Are you being audited? Is there a mysterious white panel truck parked in your street? Did your office suddenly get renovated? Have you looked under your car for tracking devices?

Deleted member 2897

Deep State is surveilling GT Swarm lounge. Are you being audited? Is there a mysterious white panel truck parked in your street? Did your office suddenly get renovated? Have you looked under your car for tracking devices?

You forgot ALL CAPS and copious exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I was more concerned with the hours of research unable to be downloaded to my machine. The website is a second thought for me, but I'm glad they were able to figure it out.