Good TV Shows?

herb

Helluva Engineer
New season of Bosch on some new platform but available on Amazon Prime. 3 episodes in and if you liked the earlier seasons I think you like this one

MidtownJacket

Staff member
New season of Bosch on some new platform but available on Amazon Prime. 3 episodes in and if you liked the earlier seasons I think you like this one
Yeah it’s really good too. My wife and I have been watching (through episode 5) and think it’s the best season yet. Much, much tighter storyline and better continuity between episodes.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
We've been enjoying Prehistoric Planet on Apple TV. Sir David Attenborough (you know—THAT guy: Planet Earth, The Private Life of Plants, Blue Planet) narrates a CGI-based speculative documentary about life during the Jurassic Period.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
“Under the Banner of Heaven” ,,,,on Hulu.. 7 episode mini-series based on the book by John Krakauer…Good story based on a true murder…Great acting.
It will make you think about organized religion (of any denomination), and how much control it could possibly exert on people……

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
“Under the Banner of Heaven” ,,,,on Hulu.. 7 episode mini-series based on the book by John Krakauer…Good story based on a true murder…Great acting.
It will make you think about organized religion (of any denomination), and how much control it could possibly exert on people……
Great book. May have to wait awhile for Amazon Prime to pick it up.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Just got done watching season 1 of Heels on starz. its about a small time professional wrestling Promotion in a fictional small town of duffy georgia. every episode seemed to get better than the previous. enjoyed it.

started watching Netflix's The Sandman. first episode was good

slugboy

Staff member
Just got done watching season 1 of Heels on starz. its about a small time professional wrestling Promotion in a fictional small town of duffy georgia. every episode seemed to get better than the previous. enjoyed it.

started watching Netflix's The Sandman. first episode was good
The Sandman changed a lot coming to TV—it’s a different medium, so it should change. It’s a very good series, and I liked it a lot, but it wasn’t what I expected from the graphic novels.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Can’t remember what people said about Severance. I loved it. For me it was a visual page turner with the right amount of tension, suspense and mystery.

Better Call Saul is one of my favorites of all time but trying to decide how I feel about the ending. No spoilers if you haven’t seen it.

Has anyone made a list yet of all the series you started watching but quit? That would be a long list for me. Then there are shows that you loved but ending up finishing only because you had invested so much time in it even though it turned formulaic and implausible - like Ozark.

But the list of close but no cigar is endless.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can’t remember what people said about Severance. I loved it. For me it was a visual page turner with the right amount of tension, suspense and mystery.

Better Call Saul is one of my favorites of all time but trying to decide how I feel about the ending. No spoilers if you haven’t seen it.

Has anyone made a list yet of all the series you started watching but quit? That would be a long list for me. Then there are shows that you loved but ending up finishing only because you had invested so much time in it even though it turned formulaic and implausible - like Ozark.

But the list of close but no cigar is endless.

I quit Westworld.

My thoughts on Better Call Saul ...

I wished he could've walked away with Kim somehow. Im a hopeless romantic, surely you can tell. Kinda felt like they got tired of writing episodes, decided to just end it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I quit Westworld.

My thoughts on Better Call Saul ...

I wished he could've walked away with Kim somehow. Im a hopeless romantic, surely you can tell. Kinda felt like they got tired of writing episodes, decided to just end it.
Agree. I think I know what they were trying to convey but didn’t think it was strong.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Another show I quit was the Americans. Came back to it after like 2 years iirc. And was treated to perhaps the greatest series finale ever.

I dare anyone to watch that and keep a dry eye after the scene on the train to Canada.....

... with or withoooouuutttt yoooouuu .....
😭

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Another show I quit was the Americans. Came back to it after like 2 years iirc. And was treated to perhaps the greatest series finale ever.

I dare anyone to watch that and keep a dry eye after the scene on the train to Canada.....

... with or withoooouuutttt yoooouuu .....
😭
Am I to understand that you just skipped some seasons and moved on to the end?

If so I might try that on some series.