Good TV Shows?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anybody check out the Masters of the Universe reboot, for nostalgia sake?

Sorry, but I felt like it was trying too hard. Seemed not well done. Am I wrong?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Well not exactly good, and not exactly new, and not exactly a TV show. In fact a horrible made for TV movie, but I just watched Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. Even though it is not very good, I was less than 10 years old, and collected Kiss cards back in the 70s. I thought it was a great movie back then.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Watched Season 1 of "Dr. Death" on Peacock.... very good & shocking eight part show.

The underlying theme is how did he get away with being such a bad neurosurgeon for so long and no one or no hospital would do anything about him.

Appears they're going to do a "season" on the more infamous members of the medical community.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
last week while on a short vacay, we watched the six episodes of "Oktoberfest - Beer and Blood" on Interflix. Worth the time if you have some to kill.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
"Into the night" for all yo you Sci Fi nuts,,(like me!)
I believe it is Spanish made, but good character development & storyline,,,on
Netflix,,, 2nd season, but must start on Sea. 1,,, Epi. 1,,,

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Here we go, the only things I would recommend:

Californication- Season 1, pretty self contained though it continues, you won’t miss much by stopping there. If you like the character it stays entertaining but the first season is probably one of my favorite self contained stories

Stranger things- season 1, and just stop there

Dexter through the Lithgow season

Original run of Arrested Development

All of Curb your Enthusiasm

All of Breaking Bad

The Boys- season 1

True Detective- season 1 only

Barry

Primal- animated show, a dinosaur and prehistoric man team up. No dialogue. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought it was well done.

Game of Thrones through season 4

Columbo

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
True Detective, Season 2 was truly awful, but I hate-watched it to the end. The ending sucked.

I think we all hate-watched it expecting it to get better. Then it just ... didn't.

On a semi-related note, I always thought of that show 'The Night Of' as the 3rd True Detective season. In my conspiracy-ridden mind, I figured season 2's poor reception led them to disassociate it from the franchise.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Any of you watch that Squid Games show? Pondering starting it. Seems it could be fun, could be dumb.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Any of you watch that Squid Games show? Pondering starting it. Seems it could be fun, could be dumb.
I haven't, but looks like it's gonna be massive.

I did binge the 3rd season of Sex Education, which remains the best show on Netflix.