Good TV Shows?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Falcon & Winter Soldier wrapped up nicely. The finale wasn't the best of the 6 episodes, but focused on wrapping up everything nicely, and overall a really good MCU entry.

While I've been having a relaxing Saturday, I binged Shadow & Bone today. Also pretty enjoyable.
My wife and I just finished watched the first two episodes this evening. Four thumbs up.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
@YJAlleyCat and I are about to watch some more Shadow and Bone tonight.

But, while we are on the topic of Good TV Shows, let's talk Doctor Who. We were out on the patio at one of our favorite restaurants, watching some live music, when I got this pint of beer:

A0A6C7D4-24A6-464E-8861-F8C22912479E.jpeg

@dtm1997 will probably reconize this as the eleveth Doctor's crack in the universe...on my beer mug. I started looking around for Matt Smith in a bow-tie.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@YJAlleyCat and I are about to watch some more Shadow and Bone tonight.

But, while we are on the topic of Good TV Shows, let's talk Doctor Who. We were out on the patio at one of our favorite restaurants, watching some live music, when I got this pint of beer:

View attachment 10427
@dtm1997 will probably reconize this as the eleveth Doctor's crack in the universe...on my beer mug. I started looking around for Matt Smith in a bow-tie.
Did it make a weird humming, wheezing sound? What could it be saying?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Falcon & Winter Soldier wrapped up nicely. The finale wasn't the best of the 6 episodes, but focused on wrapping up everything nicely, and overall a really good MCU entry.

While I've been having a relaxing Saturday, I binged Shadow & Bone today. Also pretty enjoyable.

Was very entertaining.

All the kg's got together to watch. kg02 got an ice cream maker for Christmas and made a nice batch o' homemade vanilla. Her recipe would do you and mean ol' @Techster proud. ;)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Was very entertaining.

All the kg's got together to watch. kg02 got an ice cream maker for Christmas and made a nice batch o' homemade vanilla. Her recipe would do you and mean ol' @Techster proud. ;)
Sounds like artisan Vanilla, unlike the trash you usually pick up.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have just discovered Chernobyl on HBO. 5 part mini-series. It is far too intense to watch in one sitting.

Just. WOW.

Extremely well done. The drama is exceptional. The facts are generally correct, even if the scientists at the time over-stated some of the risks. But some of the things the Russians accomplished were things I had not been fully aware of. I am still shocked they could evacuate an ENTIRE CITY of over 43,000 people in 3.5 hours.....

slugboy

Staff member
I have just discovered Chernobyl on HBO. 5 part mini-series. It is far too intense to watch in one sitting.

Just. WOW.

Extremely well done. The drama is exceptional. The facts are generally correct, even if the scientists at the time over-stated some of the risks. But some of the things the Russians accomplished were things I had not been fully aware of. I am still shocked they could evacuate an ENTIRE CITY of over 43,000 people in 3.5 hours.....
Like TWD, it’s a show I can’t watch with SWMBO. It’s sooooo well done, though

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Just. WOW.

It's amazing. It prompted me to go back and research the incident to confirm some of the wilder stuff actually happened.

Also, just finished Invincible. Great show, tense, imaginative ending. Speaking of TWD @slugboy , the guy who wrote TWD apparently also wrote Invincible.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Just. WOW.

If you get the opportunity, Chernobyl is definitely worth the time to watch. Regardless if you are 9ld enough to remember when it happened or not.

BeachBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
My last recommendation of Ted Lasso seems to have been largely ignored but I'll try one more. Mythic Quest is a really good show. It's created by a couple of the people from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and is workplace comedy about a video game company.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My last recommendation of Ted Lasso seems to have been largely ignored but I'll try one more. Mythic Quest is a really good show. It's created by a couple of the people from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and is workplace comedy about a video game company.
People rave about Ted Lasso. I don't have Apple TV.

Won't be watching Mythic quest either, although Cricket is great!

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow

Both Cricket and Mac are in Mythic Quest. Apple TV does have free trial options so you could binge them before paying.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My wife and I finally cut our cable ties and moved to Roku. We added Disney+ this week, and just finished season one of The Madalorean. Wow!

My wife summed it up early on when she exclaimed—with much enthusiasm—“THIS IS WHAT I WANTED BACK WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER !!!”

This calls for a (yet) bigger TV…

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck

I'll add another vote for Ted Lasso. Go buy a new iphone and get yourself 6+ free months of Apple TV. Season 2 is coming out in July.