Good TV Shows?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Lupin on Netflix has some style—a North African “gentleman thief” akin to the 19th century character.
Filmed in French, and the dubbing does not match the mouths at all. The voice actors might not be what you expect, either. If you can past that, it’s fun
My wife and I just started watching this. We are four episodes in and finding it very entertaining. Thanks for the suggestion!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do you need to have finished Wandavison before starting to watch?
Not this first episode and I expect not the series. They're fairly unrelated.

First episode was good. Mainly character development of both lead characters with a small drop of upcoming plot threads.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you need to have finished Wandavison before starting to watch?

Not this first episode and I expect not the series. They're fairly unrelated.

First episode was good. Mainly character development of both lead characters with a small drop of upcoming plot threads.
From what I've read, this takes place several months after WandaVision.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From what I've read, this takes place several months after WandaVision.
I believe that's right. WandaVision takes place within a week or two of the return. Falcon & Bucky takes place about 6 months after the return, I believe.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Could be that it just happened so quickly after their return. Nobody else picked up on the idea to step in.
Or S.W.O.R.D. was trying to cover it up and didn't alert anyone. They didn't seem to want for anyone to know what they were actually up to.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Or S.W.O.R.D. was trying to cover it up and didn't alert anyone. They didn't seem to want for anyone to know what they were actually up to.
but the FBI knew and they brought in 3rd party help (Kat Denning's character). I prefer to think they just couldn't be arsed.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gonna be interesting to see what they do with SWORD next. It's just been reintroduced as an X-Men book in the monthlies, but doubt they use that for quite a few years.

Seems to have teed up Secret Invasion & Captain Marvel 2, at minimum.

Milwaukee

Banned
Watched Ep 1 of The Serpent on Netflix this afternoon, I’m hooked. Absolutely fascinating storyline.
Based on a true story. It’s about a serial killer in Thailand that targeted hippy tourists.

“Netflix's latest crime drama, The Serpent jumps back and forth in time with the majority of the drama unfolding during the '70s, but what happened to the real-life characters depicted in the series after the fictional story ends? The Serpent focuses on the people who became both friends and victims of the notorious jewel thief and serial killer, Charles Sobhraj (terrifyingly portrayed by The Mauritanian star, Tahar Rahim) who terrorized Southeast Asia during the 1970s. In The Serpent, Charles Sobhraj and his long-time girlfriend, Marie Andrée-Leclerc (Jenna Coleman) use their assumed identities as the gem-dealing married couple, Alain and Monique, to con young backpackers and wayward travelers by promising them adventure and free housing at their home in Bangkok. With the help of Sobhraj’s right-hand man, Ajay Chowdhury (Amesh Edireweera), the couple lures victims to their apartment at Kanit House where they drug them and steal their belongings along with their identities. The Netflix series tells the terrifying true story of Sobhraj’s horrific killing spree on the Hippie Trail, which included dozens of victims across Thailand, Nepal, and India.”

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone else watch "The Drive to Survive", which is a 10ish episode review of the previous year's F1 season with lots of first person interaction with the drivers, owners, and team principals? I think it is on Netflix. Right now, the third season is out, but I think the first two seasons are available too.

I really enjoy it.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else watch "The Drive to Survive", which is a 10ish episode review of the previous year's F1 season with lots of first person interaction with the drivers, owners, and team principals? I think it is on Netflix. Right now, the third season is out, but I think the first two seasons are available too.

I really enjoy it.
I think I've hit the 'necessary quota' of endorsements for this show for me to check it out this weekend. Thanks!

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
ZeroZeroZero on Prime,,, Excellent!! Binge watching it,,, interweaved story lines about moving cocaine internationally!
So far, very good!!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Falcon & Winter Soldier head to its big finale next week. Series has been really strong so far.
Falcon & Winter Soldier wrapped up nicely. The finale wasn't the best of the 6 episodes, but focused on wrapping up everything nicely, and overall a really good MCU entry.

While I've been having a relaxing Saturday, I binged Shadow & Bone today. Also pretty enjoyable.