Good TV Shows?

slugboy

Staff member
Lupin on Netflix has some style—a North African “gentleman thief” akin to the 19th century character.
Filmed in French, and the dubbing does not match the mouths at all. The voice actors might not be what you expect, either. If you can past that, it’s fun

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Lupin on Netflix has some style—a North African “gentleman thief” akin to the 19th century character.
Filmed in French, and the dubbing does not match the mouths at all. The voice actors might not be what you expect, either. If you can past that, it’s fun
I agree. Have enjoyed so far.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think you should reconsider watching all 4 episodes to date, but if you watch spoiler reviews of the first 3 and start with #4, you'll probably be fine.

The concept, on the whole, was never this being a 50s sitcom and it's definitely going to have direct effect on the MCU.
@MWBATL and any other MCU fans not watching WandaVision because of the SitCom episodes, you may want to revisit and get caught up. Watched episode 6 this morning and things are starting to move quickly with 3 episodes to go. Pretty sure we'll see some meaningful threads come out of the show overall.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@MWBATL and any other MCU fans not watching WandaVision because of the SitCom episodes, you may want to revisit and get caught up. Watched episode 6 this morning and things are starting to move quickly with 3 episodes to go. Pretty sure we'll see some meaningful threads come out of the show overall.

Absolutely. This is shaping up to be a pretty explosive ending.

slugboy

Staff member
We could have had this show, 20 years ago, but Fox killed it. It had Ron Silver as evil Ron Silver, and Vincent Schiavelli, and Owen Wilson as a motorcycle.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It you haven't been watching WandaVision, get ready to binge it after next week's finale.

The payoff should be interesting.

I've been on the fence on whether to watch the series. Marvel didn't really do justice to the Scarlet Witch character in the movies. I've heard it really picks up after 3-4 episodes...and Disney/Marvel wants Scarlet Witch to eventually have a bigger role down the road.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've been on the fence on whether to watch the series. Marvel didn't really do justice to the Scarlet Witch character in the movies. I've heard it really picks up after 3-4 episodes...and Disney/Marvel wants Scarlet Witch to eventually have a bigger role down the road.

Based on your comment, you should watch this. That's all I'll say.

Milwaukee

Banned
Logistics for this has to be a LOT easier than for a football team. LOVE the Last Chance concept overall.

BTW...Hoop Dreams is still probably the best sports documentary of all time.
Hoop Dreams was sooo good. I’ve been binging the hell out of the original EMCC and Independence seasons lately. Buddy Stephens and Jason Brown are both my spirit animals.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Seeing how you have the worst taste in ice cream, I'm not sure why anyone follows your recommendations.

@dtm1997 on the other hand has legit recommendations so I will take them.

If you can't trust me and @dtm1997 .....

trust_fail.gif

... who can you trust?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Based on your comment, you should watch this. That's all I'll say.

Plowed through the first 8 episodes over the weekend. I had to dive deeper into the Marvel mythology for the characters, which I enjoy doing since it gives the stories depth, so there's some work to be done if you're an MCU fan. The casual fan might not get all the references, but marvel wiki is a pretty good reference if you willing to take the time...and have time to get into a rabbit hole of MCU mythology.

Last episode is setting up to be an MCU defining moment.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It you haven't been watching WandaVision, get ready to binge it after next week's finale.

The payoff should be interesting.
I took your advice as well and am glad that I did. I love the MCU and now see how it all folds together....

Milwaukee

Banned
Hoop Dreams was sooo good. I’ve been binging the hell out of the original EMCC and Independence seasons lately. Buddy Stephens and Jason Brown are both my spirit animals.
Re: Independence Season 2:
Was disappointed to hear Jay Jones talk about Tech (PJ) the way he did, and even more disappointed with his overall attitude and playing performance on the show. He was one of my personal favorites at Tech. Hope he’s doing well wherever he is currently.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Anyone 35 and under (37 here) would enjoy You're the Worst.

2 selfish people hook up and seem to agree that they have found the only person that can put up with them. Short 5 year run makes it an easy to binge on a long weekend. It covers a good deal of topics from depression, sibling rivalry, being scared of growing up, cheating etc.

It's a very underrated show that can be found on Hulu.

Warning ⚠️...if your a prude dont watch. Cussin and random hookups and potty humor are a cornerstone.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Currently on episode 3 of "The Stranger" on Netflix,,, so far, so good!! British made, quirky, but good acting! I hope it will continue to be entertaining,,,