Good TV Shows?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Clyde Phillips is returning as showrunner as well so I'm excited. Although they did back themselves in a corner from that awful finale.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Fargo season 4 on Hulu,,,, Surprisingly, Chris Rock does a good job as a villain. Plays it straight, doesn't overact & "ham it up"

Good show so far but that's expected imho from this series.

Agree on Rock although I feel like he's had some hammy moments here and there. I think the brother on the Italian side plays it a little over the top though.

jeffgt14

Chris Rock has been ok but overall I feel the characters are a little down from previous seasons. Probably a result of too many characters to get attached to why. Unfortunately they just killed off the best played character on the show.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Last night I watched Professor T on PBS here in Atlanta. This is an extremely interesting and innovative tv drama that I think all of you would enjoy. It is set in Antwerp and the whole show is in Flemish. The Professor is a criminologist at the local university and works with the police, particularly with Annalise and Paul, the two DIs who do most of the leg work in the murder cases he’s usually called in for.

Doesn’t sound too promising so far, does it? But I neglected to mention that Professor T is schizophrenic. Brilliant, but subject to full scale delusions that help him in solving cases. Pictures of the victims on the police bulletin board talk to him and to each other, he has conferences in his office with murder victims so he can ask them questions about their deaths, he has fantasies about his psychologist … well, you get the picture. And, of course, the Professor is absolutely insufferable personally, but the ever loyal Frau Sneyers keeps him sorta on schedule and as unbothered as she can. This leads to some of the best tv I’ve watched in a long time, even with sub-titles.

Here in Atlanta it’s on channel 30 at 9:00 on Sunday night, usually for two episodes. Try it and you’ll like it.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Last night I watched Professor T on PBS here in Atlanta. This is an extremely interesting and innovative tv drama that I think all of you would enjoy. It is set in Antwerp and the whole show is in Flemish. The Professor is a criminologist at the local university and works with the police, particularly with Annalise and Paul, the two DIs who do most of the leg work in the murder cases he’s usually called in for.

Doesn’t sound too promising so far, does it? But I neglected to mention that Professor T is schizophrenic. Brilliant, but subject to full scale delusions that help him in solving cases. Pictures of the victims on the police bulletin board talk to him and to each other, he has conferences in his office with murder victims so he can ask them questions about their deaths, he has fantasies about his psychologist … well, you get the picture. And, of course, the Professor is absolutely insufferable personally, but the ever loyal Frau Sneyers keeps him sorta on schedule and as unbothered as she can. This leads to some of the best tv I’ve watched in a long time, even with sub-titles.

Here in Atlanta it’s on channel 30 at 9:00 on Sunday night, usually for two episodes. Try it and you’ll like it.
I watched season 1 and liked it very much. English subtitles were a great help. Have not seen season 2 yet.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
This isn't new, but I felt it was time for a periodic suggestion to watch Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman. Streams on Netflix.
If you like Sherlock Holmes, go find the series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" starring Jeremy Brett. It is, bar none, the best adaptation of Sherlock Holmes ever made.
I know you can watch episodes on YouTube, but I don't know if they are on any streaming service

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One of the best shows both wife and I agree on. That agreement is a rarity.
My wife and I liked it too. But we like many shows, at least that's what I'm told (tic).

It was a good thought provoking show. We like The Mandalorian too; but it's mush.

Or Jamestown since we live near there. (Note it's not real since they don't swat mosquitoes all the time. That's what you do in the marsh.)

Or The Crown or ............

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Chris Rock has been ok but overall I feel the characters are a little down from previous seasons. Probably a result of too many characters to get attached to why. Unfortunately they just killed off the best played character on the show.

Agree there's too many characters in need of developing. Also agree they just killed off the best played character. I both hope he's alive for the sake of the fact that I really like his character but I also hope he's dead because surviving that kinda makes no dang sense.

And who was the rando in the thug's trunk? Holy dropped outta nowhere, batman. Did I miss a scene or something? And I imagine they'll go back and show how the one guy got the drop on the ambush? That episode got me all over the place.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Cobra Kai (2 seasons on Netflix/YouTube premium) was fantastic. Lots of cool nostalgia.
Second season of Mandolorian has been really good so far. (Disney+)
I've seen the first few episodes of The Right Stuff, and those have been good as well. Apparently most astronauts back then were a-holes. (Disney + / Natl Geographic)

jeffgt14

Agree there's too many characters in need of developing. Also agree they just killed off the best played character. I both hope he's alive for the sake of the fact that I really like his character but I also hope he's dead because surviving that kinda makes no dang sense.

And who was the rando in the thug's trunk? Holy dropped outta nowhere, batman. Did I miss a scene or something? And I imagine they'll go back and show how the one guy got the drop on the ambush? That episode got me all over the place.
Yeah I was completely lost. I went back trying to read recaps to understand and was still lost. Good episode but a complete lack of much needed additional details.

jeffgt14

Only 2 episodes in so far (only 4 have aired as of now) but The Undoing miniseries on HBO is really good. Nicole Kidman is nailing it.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry kg & Jeff, but I'm really liking Fargo season 4,,,, In our logical, GT minds everything has a cause & effect,,,In the Coen Brothers minds, things aren't so logical,,, UFOs, ghosts, villains tripping & blowing their brains out, etc,,, The world can be very strange & illogical, as we're seeing in 2020! I give the show a big thumbs up!

jeffgt14

Sorry kg & Jeff, but I'm really liking Fargo season 4,,,, In our logical, GT minds everything has a cause & effect,,,In the Coen Brothers minds, things aren't so logical,,, UFOs, ghosts, villains tripping & blowing their brains out, etc,,, The world can be very strange & illogical, as we're seeing in 2020! I give the show a big thumbs up!
I don't have a problem with the plot. I just think the characters are weaker this year than previous.