Good TV Shows?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You're absolutely right. I was straight fan-gurlin' that one season where they brought them back for the Finale.

Oh, you don't know what fan-gurlin' is? Consider yourself educated ..

xctd.gif

And, speaking of things I've done that I'm now ashamed of, I watched every episode of Homeland. However unrealistic it got.

Favorite season? 3 for me.

The twist and the speech by Locke kinda gets me each time.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Favorite season? 3 for me.

The twist and the speech by Locke kinda gets me each time.

Was that the season Stoneb's wife/kid got killed?

I actually really liked that show. Did you ever watch Hunted back in the day? Another British, Cinemax show from like 2012.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
And, speaking of things I've done that I'm now ashamed of, I watched every episode of Homeland. However unrealistic it got.
It's called commitment. I think it regained steam in the final 2 seasons although I thought the ending wasn't very believable.

I started watching this show about 5 years ago after my first daughter was born. Stayed up many nights in the rocker binging the first 3 seasons which were fantastic so it probably had some sentimental value to me.

Also, you don't ****ing kill off Max. Some characters are not to be touched.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It's called commitment. I think it regained steam in the final 2 seasons although I thought the ending wasn't very believable.

I started watching this show about 5 years ago after my first daughter was born. Stayed up many nights in the rocker binging the first 3 seasons which were fantastic so it probably had some sentimental value to me.

Also, you don't ****ing kill off Max. Some characters are not to be touched.

Most of my show watching is done trying to rock a baby to sleep so I feel you.

RIP Max

herb

Helluva Engineer
I just saw there was a new season of Strike Back. Complete, mindless entertainment .. and I love it.

Started this on your’s and @Peacone36 recommendation. It has been good so far, thanks

For anyone looking for mindless entertainment, Outer Banks has been surprisingly enjoyable. My daughter made me watch it with her and there are far worse things I have seen recently.

You need to go back another 10 years or so when Techwood Homes (the 1st public housing in the US) was across North Avenue (surrounding Techwood Dorms) and west of campus was industrial and then run down moving out US78. It was much more dangerous north of campus during that time.
Also when what is now the O'keefe gym was actually O'keefe HS, things were dangerous in that area as well.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The Night Manager with Hugh Laurie is great. It's a modernized version of a La Carre 80's novel. Love Laurie in anything he does. He's an excellent actor. Plus, it's spy-**** and espionage and deceit and all the other things Le Carre is known for.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
The Night Manager with Hugh Laurie is great. It's a modernized version of a La Carre 80's novel. Love Laurie in anything he does. He's an excellent actor. Plus, it's spy-**** and espionage and deceit and all the other things Le Carre is known for.
That is a fantastic miniseries. I recommend that to everyone who asks what they should watch next.

slugboy

Staff member
I don’t know if it belongs in the Movies category or the TV category, but I just finished “The Death of Stalin” on Netflix. The movie was loaded with mid-tier actors tearing it up.
I had read before the movie how incompetent Stalin’s son was, but interesting to see it in the movie. It’s got a good amount of death and violence mixed in with dark humor. Michael Palin is Molotov, for example.
Oh, +1 on “The Night Manager”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saw "Into the Night" on Netflix,,,First season is out,,, Foreign made, interesting sci fi story on an apocalyptic event involving the sun,,, The different twists on the characters involved keeps it engaging. Apparently, there may be a season 2 in the future,,,,

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I am partial to "What We Do IN The Shadows" on FX. If you like mockumentaries, and mockumentaries about vampires, then this is the show for you. The 3 leads are played by British comedians. The Lazlo character is played by Matt Berry who has been on "The IT Crowd", "Snuffbox", and "Toast of London". Hilarious stuff.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You need to go back another 10 years or so when Techwood Homes (the 1st public housing in the US) was across North Avenue (surrounding Techwood Dorms) and west of campus was industrial and then run down moving out US78. It was much more dangerous north of campus during that time.

For real.

Knew a family in Tucker that had a son living in Techwood. Don't remember if he was coming in late from the Library, a run to the V or what. But he got the hell beat out of him - after they had raped him.

Family, beyond being devastated, was quite pissed that GT (according to them) was able to keep it out of the paper.

Thank Heaven that cesspool is gone.