Good TV Shows?

Milwaukee

Banned

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
I may have mentioned this before, but "Bosch" is returning to Amazon Prime for another season in April. I found it to be a good detective drama, with typical big city politics involved,, it's worth a try,,,

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't caught the most recent two episodes that aired last night, but episodes 1 and 2 of "Last Dance" were fantastic. I had forgotten just how dominant Jordan was, and in the footage they showed, it looked like he was dribbling around in circles and everyone else was standing still. I kind of lost interest in the NBA after he retired, so I don't know if there has really been anyone else so head and shoulders above the rest like he was?

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Checking out this PBS documentary on East Lake Meadows.

Pretty interesting so far. Tugs at me since I grew up around there. :(

Saw this the other day. It's so crazy how much the Eastside of Atlanta has changed in just the last 10-15 years. From a war zone in the 90s to you can't afford to live there today. Has to be strange for those who lived there and did what they could to build a community to see the rapid gentrification.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Ah I just rewatched “Strike Back” (again) over the past couple of weeks. It’s fabulous mindless entertainment. Buddy comedy meets War meets Late Night Cinemax.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Saw this the other day. It's so crazy how much the Eastside of Atlanta has changed in just the last 10-15 years. From a war zone in the 90s to you can't afford to live there today. Has to be strange for those who lived there and did what they could to build a community to see the rapid gentrification.

That's happening everywhere in Atlanta now.

When I was at GT in the late 90's-early 2000's, you pretty much didn't leave campus after 5pm. I think the "unsafe" GT campus reputation came during that time. Today? The fun starts at 5pm now with all the great places to eat and grab a drink. Neighborhoods like Midtown, Old 4th Ward (where I live), Kirkwood, Inman Park, Grant Park, East Atlanta, etc. were pretty sketchy and real estate was relatively cheap. The demographics of the areas have definitely changed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ah I just rewatched “Strike Back” (again) over the past couple of weeks. It’s fabulous mindless entertainment. Buddy comedy meets War meets Late Night Cinemax.

I just saw there was a new season of Strike Back. Complete, mindless entertainment .. and I love it.

When I was at GT in the late 90's-early 2000's .....

You and I probably crossed paths quite a bit. Either that or you're my secret burner account. :shifty:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I just saw there was a new season of Strike Back. Complete, mindless entertainment .. and I love it.

You and I probably crossed paths quite a bit. Either that or you're my secret burner account. :shifty:

Don't watch the new seasons. Seasons 1-4 are with Scott an Stonebridge. If you look at the IMDB page you will see the ratings drop in the episode pages from S4 to S5 when they recast the show after it ended the first time. The newer episodes are trash. It is one of my favorite shows and I have had the new seasons purchased on my amazon account for roughly 6 months and still haven't finished them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don't watch the new seasons. Seasons 1-4 are with Scott an Stonebridge. If you look at the IMDB page you will see the ratings drop in the episode pages from S4 to S5 when they recast the show after it ended the first time. The newer episodes are trash. It is one of my favorite shows and I have had the new seasons purchased on my amazon account for roughly 6 months and still haven't finished them.

You're absolutely right. I was straight fan-gurlin' that one season where they brought them back for the Finale.

Oh, you don't know what fan-gurlin' is? Consider yourself educated ..

xctd.gif

And, speaking of things I've done that I'm now ashamed of, I watched every episode of Homeland. However unrealistic it got.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You're absolutely right. I was straight fan-gurlin' that one season where they brought them back for the Finale.

Oh, you don't know what fan-gurlin' is? Consider yourself educated ..

xctd.gif

And, speaking of things I've done that I'm now ashamed of, I watched every episode of Homeland. However unrealistic it got.

wait....who came back?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

When I was at GT in the late 90's-early 2000's, you pretty much didn't leave campus after 5pm. I think the "unsafe" GT campus reputation came during that time. Today? The fun starts at 5pm now with all the great places to eat and grab a drink. Neighborhoods like Midtown, Old 4th Ward (where I live), Kirkwood, Inman Park, Grant Park, East Atlanta, etc. were pretty sketchy and real estate was relatively cheap. The demographics of the areas have definitely changed.
You need to go back another 10 years or so when Techwood Homes (the 1st public housing in the US) was across North Avenue (surrounding Techwood Dorms) and west of campus was industrial and then run down moving out US78. It was much more dangerous north of campus during that time.