Good things from a former player

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
His wife is a former volleyball player for us. Let me say he did well when he married that girl. I would hope at some point they would want to come back to Atlanta but he needs more exposure in the coaching ranks.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to snatch him up before someone else does. I’m not sure where he’d fit but he has access to one of the greatest offensive minds. QB coach/ passing game coordinator similar to LSU’s Joe Brady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wondered if he would survive the Meyer purge and I' glad he did. But he needs to get himself a hands-on, on-the-field coaching job pretty quick. If it is for a year or two at Colorado State, fine. Coaches get fired. Shoot, Dabo Swinney got fired at Alabama because the HC was fired along with the whole staff. This despite a kind of unanimous view that he was a great WR coach. Hard on families, though. (A friend told me once that the number one thing a coach looked for in buying a house was its resale potential. Now that is hard.)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Dude I feel like Colorado State's purpose in football is to hold coaches for 1-2 years until they find a different job. They go through more football coaches than any school in the country.
How long was Earle Bruce there after he left THE Ohio State University?

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
How long was Earle Bruce at Iowa State after he left THE Ohio State University?

FIFY.

Iowa State used to be where folks like Johnny Majors, Earle Bruce and Gene Chizik went for their first now-P5 jobs before moving on to their first true big jobs.

Added: Southern Miss & East Carolina were two more used as stepping stones.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Well, I messed this one up.

Bruce was at Iowa State before going to tOSU, then moving on to Northern Iowa for a year and then TO Colorado State for four years.