Good team, mediocre record?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Man, just looking at the schedule and there are not a lot if gimmies. Even the should be gimmies are fraught.

Uva=for whatever reason, mendenhalls defense gives Johnson fits
Unc=has been a horror show for roof.
Wake is up.
Duke gives gt fits.
Ucf is scary.

There is only really one game on the schedule I'm SURE GT is going to win, and it'll take breaks, imo to be a 8 or 9 win this season.

With the ACC being such a bear, I genuinely question the wisdom of having 3 really tough OOC games on the schedule. It's a murderers row, imo.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
It's a double edged sword because fans want to play big names from the P5 schools when it comes to scheduling OOC games, but then they ***** and moan when a team goes 6-6 or 7-5 because of a tough schedule.

Next year doesn't get any easier cause we play away games against South Florida and Louisville...

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
It depends on how you look at it. If we have championships in mind, we need to beat teams like the ones on our schedule. If we want to make sure we win 9 games every year, play cupcakes.

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
Man, just looking at the schedule and there are not a lot if gimmies. Even the should be gimmies are fraught.

Wake is up.
Duke gives gt fits.
Ucf is scary.

There is only really one game on the schedule I'm SURE GT is going to win, and it'll take breaks, imo to be a 8 or 9 win this season.

With the ACC being such a bear, I genuinely question the wisdom of having 3 really tough OOC games on the schedule. It's a murderers row, imo.
I have one clear disagree - Duke gives gt fits. Nope! There were a couple years where Puke had some exceptional players but IMO there are right back where they belong - in the cellar. Beyond that one Wake is up - maybe but they won't be a problem. UVA needs another year or two before Mendenhall gets his defense where it will give Johnson fits - maybe never since he won't have his 25 year old college players there.

Wake is up.
Duke gives gt fits.
Ucf is scary.

Mendenhall gave us fits at BYU.....playing 26 year old players. I don't think our schedule is any harder than last year and the fact is the ACC coastal may be down as most teams have to replace entire offenses, and Clemson and UT are in that same position

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Wake is up.
Duke gives gt fits.
Ucf is scary.

It is not possible to look at the schedule and evaluate teams when no games have been played. One game at a time hell, Jax State could be a problem.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
...sorta?

GT isn't willing to do what it takes to compete with the alabamas of the world. It's admirable, and I wouldn't want GT to change, but it at least raises the question of what reasonable goals/expectations are.

I would like to sustain some of the goals CPJ has accomplished:
respect for the program because of its integrity and academics
tough hard nosed and unique type of play
most do not really want to play us
we are not afraid of any team and have a chance to win any game
we do not quit in games
our SAs are top notch with excellent graduation and academic progress
our coach is respected and feared and he gets the job done

And then there are "my" reasonable expectations I wish for:
more mutt wins
Coastal challenge virtually every year
consistent 7-9 wins with occasional exceptional season
no losing seasons
a Bowl every year
an ACC title about every 5th year
a NT before CPJ retires
a Heiman winner
more mutt wins

I am sure I left some out but these are a start.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
As usual it's gonna be between 11-1 and 7-5. My vote is we go 2-2 in toss up games and finish 9-3.

Tenn: Toss Up
JSU: Win
@UCF: Win
Pitt: Win ( loosing OC was big)
UNC: Win
@Miami: Toss up
Wake: Win
@Clemson: Loss
@UVA:Win
VT: Toss Toss up
@ Duke: Win
UGA: Toss up

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
more mutt wins
no losing seasons
a Bowl every year
a NT before CPJ retires
a Heiman winner
more mutt wins

I'd "like" this, but for a huge semantic faux pas...

:cautious: "mutt wins"? :cautious:

Surely you mean, "victories over the mutts"--and yes, I'll stop calling you "Shirley".

;)

GTFLETCH

Banned
Tenn: Win
JSU: Win
@UCF: Win
Pitt: Win
UNC: Win
@Miami: Loss
Wake: Win
@Clemson: Loss
@UVA:Win
VT: Win
@ Duke: Win
UGA: Toss-up

I have us with 9 wins, maybe 10 depending on the COFH game.. I guess if we take losses to UGA, Tenn & VT we are looking at 7 wins... However I think this team is eyeing 10 wins, we shall see!!!!!!!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I would like to sustain some of the goals CPJ has accomplished:
respect for the program because of its integrity and academics
tough hard nosed and unique type of play
most do not really want to play us
we are not afraid of any team and have a chance to win any game
we do not quit in games
our SAs are top notch with excellent graduation and academic progress
our coach is respected and feared and he gets the job done

more mutt wins
no losing seasons
a Bowl every year
a NT before CPJ retires
a Heiman winner
more mutt wins

Your idea of reasonable expectations and mine are different

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I want us to play a tough schedule AND win 10 games. That's the point, right? To be the best.

The kids would rather play the tough schedule. Our 2015 schedule was set ND and FSU were the new games. 2014 was IMO the first of what will be 4 very good recruiting classes. Our coach is finding a way to attract talent and they are getting early REAL playing time.
But as coach says having a couple of extra games is something to NOT be done every year.

If u have tickets in are near mine, i
will trade my jack state and my 2018 bowling green tickets for your 2018 clemson. Two games for 1! Message me! The freshmen of 15 are going to give clemson a run.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake is NOT up. They had an easy schedule last year and won a few extra games. That's all. They lost to Army. ARMY.

UNC has been up lately because of a couple really good qb's. Both are gone now.
Those and the rest you mentioned are all like last year's Vanderbilt matchup: respectable P5 team but we totally should win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk