Good morning! AJC Collins interview ...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
“Position flexibility within this transition is going to be huge, but we need to get a lot more length on the roster, especially upfront on the o-line and the d-line, so we need to get longer, taller guys there, so we’re going to continue to do that.”

Why Luke John may stay at defensive end.

“there’s guys that have been coming back to the facility that haven’t been back in a long time and I’ve been able to connect with them.”

Consistent with what I’ve been told by players that were not part of the Johnson era.

Collins doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel. Divi up the abacks/WR/TE and place them in positions which fit them the best. He mentioned they’ll be an Hback in this offense. One thing the current roster has and that’s flexibility. Oliver will make a good utility WR/Hback.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
All the pieces are lining up to be impressive for CGC so far. Hopefully it will continue. Hopefully he can deliver results come next fall.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
“Position flexibility within this transition is going to be huge, but we need to get a lot more length on the roster, especially upfront on the o-line and the d-line, so we need to get longer, taller guys there, so we’re going to continue to do that.”

“there’s guys that have been coming back to the facility that haven’t been back in a long time and I’ve been able to connect with them.”

Consistent with what I’ve been told by players that were not part of the Johnson era.

Collins doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel. Divi up the abacks/WR/TE and place them in positions which fit them the best. He mentioned they’ll be an Hback in this offense. One thing the current roster has and that’s flexibility. Oliver will make a good utility WR/Hback.

Those guys chose to stay away bc they were not feeling the option. Those guys literally beg us to come around the program

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ didn’t ban anyone from the program or anything..

What happened is that a lot of O’Leary/Gailey guys didn’t like the offense and didn’t come around much.

The older former players, from the 70’s and 80’s are/we’re still very much around (and of course the recent grads who played under CPJ).

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
CPJ didn’t ban anyone from the program or anything..

What happened is that a lot of O’Leary/Gailey guys didn’t like the offense and didn’t come around much.

The older former players, from the 70’s and 80’s are/we’re still very much around (and of course the recent grads who played under CPJ).

Same thing I’ve seen from some in my circles. They just quit coming to games. It’s really silly and hurts the program.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Oliver and Jerry Howard I think could slide right into an H-back role and be very effective.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Those guys chose to stay away bc they were not feeling the option. Those guys literally beg us to come around the program

I hate to say it, but it seems ridiculously selfish and petty for former Tech players to stay away from GT just because they didn’t like the offensive style. I’m glad they’re coming back, but definitely giving them side eye.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I hate to say it, but it seems ridiculously selfish and petty for former Tech players to stay away from GT just because they didn’t like the offensive style. I’m glad they’re coming back, but definitely giving them side eye.
It may not have been just the offensive style that didn't make them feel comfortable with the program. There may have been a whole "chemistry" thing going on.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It may not have been just the offensive style that didn't make them feel comfortable with the program. There may have been a whole "chemistry" thing going on.

Maybe, but I was responding to a comment (from a former player, mind you) that it was because they were “not feeling the option”.