Good Luck Tech

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Just stopping by with a quick note of support on the season for the Yellow Jackets.

Been watching from afar and it looks like Collins is the right fit at the right time. Importantly, the Administration is behind him and working to improve the fan experience as well as keep the focus on both on- and off-field performance.

Drawing the Tigers right out of the gate is a tough nut. The Gophers played a highly ranked TCU several years ago under similar circumstances. Played very hard but came up short. I think playing hard is what you'll want to see this Thursday against long odds...discipline and focus, playing to the whistle, and avoiding stupid mistakes. A "W" certainly would be a welcome sight...

Regardless of Thursday's outcome, the first year of any HC change is challenging to fans. This is especially so for Tech fans this year as the new systems come forward on the field. Gopher fans already know this too well...we've gone through 4 HCs over the last 10 years. I do not foresee this being the case for GT.

For Minnesota fans we enjoyed getting to know GT's program, especially coming to recognize that both Minnesota and GT have strong histories. For us this is Year 3 for Coach Fleck. Our schedule is favorable with the immediate goal of winning the Big 10 West. We'll see.

That's it. Good Luck Tech! Billd.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Nice post ! Living with a spouse, who is a Badger, in Wisconsin helps me appreciate the rivalry with the Gophers. I think your comments are spot on. The Jackets appear to have bought in to CGC and staff and have worked very hard to improve strength, conditioning and mindset. If Collins can show improvement game over game with a reasonable record in the first year , and a better record in the second, he could be around a long time. My heart wants 8-4, my brain tells me 5-7 this year. But that's why they play the games right ?
Good luck to the Gophers too, except against the BAAADGERS......;)